15

The gentle sound of waves brushing against the shore drifted into the room, waking Aiah from her deep sleep. For a moment, she basked in the soft sunlight streaming through the windows, feeling an unusual warmth around her. She blinked her eyes open and froze when she realized MJ's arm was wrapped securely around her waist, his chest pressed against her back.

"MJ..." she whispered, unsure whether to move or stay still.

"Mmm," came his sleepy murmur, pulling her a little closer. "Five more minutes..."

Aiah swallowed hard, her heart thumping in her chest as she glanced over at the clock. It was their second day in Palawan, and they were scheduled for an island hopping trip with their friends. But for now, this moment felt too peaceful, too sweet to break.

"Ayah..." His voice, still groggy, brought her back. He shifted slightly, and she could feel his breath against the back of her neck, sending tiny shivers down her spine.

"MJ," she whispered again, softly this time, but more to herself than him.

Then, as if snapping out of a trance, MJ blinked awake. "Oh..." His arm loosened, but he didn't move away. "Good morning."

Aiah turned her head slightly to meet his eyes. "Good morning," she replied, her voice soft, cheeks tinged with the slightest blush.

MJ grinned lazily, clearly enjoying the fact that they woke up in each other's arms. "Parang ang comfy nito ah. Sana ganito araw-araw."

Aiah's blush deepened, but she quickly pulled away, sitting up and throwing a pillow at him. "Huy! Tumigil ka nga diyan!"

He laughed, sitting up and catching the pillow before it hit him. "Ano ba? Wala namang mali, cuddle buddies na nga tayo eh." He winked, making her roll her eyes dramatically.

"Ang aga-aga, wala ka bang breakfast offer diyan?" Aiah joked, trying to change the topic before her cheeks betrayed her even more.

MJ chuckled, getting up. "Actually, oo. Let me get you coffee. Stay there."

Aiah blinked in surprise, watching as MJ moved to their in-room coffee maker and started preparing her a cup. She wasn't used to him being this attentive, and though it flustered her a bit, it also warmed her heart.

"Anong nangyari sayo? Naging sweet bigla?" she teased, trying to keep things light despite the flutter in her chest.

He turned to her with a mischievous smirk. "Bakit? Hindi ba pwedeng ganyan ako minsan?"

Aiah raised an eyebrow but couldn't stop the smile from creeping onto her lips. "Sige nga, ipagpatuloy mo na lang."

---

The day's activities began soon after breakfast, with the group gathering by the beach to board their private boat for island hopping. Aiah stepped out of their suite, dressed in a sleek white one-piece swimsuit, her hair tied up in a neat bun. It was simple but elegant, and MJ couldn't take his eyes off her.

As he stood in the doorway, wearing light khaki shorts, a fitted gray tank top, and an open blue-and-white striped long-sleeved polo, MJ caught sight of Aiah adjusting the straps of her swimsuit. He cleared his throat, trying to sound nonchalant. "Ready ka na?"

Aiah glanced up, nodding. "Yup! Ikaw?"

MJ gave a small nod in return, though his eyes lingered on her for just a second longer than usual. "You look great."

Aiah felt the familiar warmth creeping into her cheeks again. "Thanks... You, too." She quickly added, hoping to deflect the attention.

As they met up with their friends by the dock, it was clear everyone had dressed for the occasion. Stacey was rocking a pink two-piece swimsuit, looking every bit the beach fashionista, while Sheena was in a striking purple swimsuit. Maloi, on the other hand, looked extra playful in her bright yellow swimsuit, which featured a large ribbon at the back.