Paroxysm

This story was supposed to be posted like a week and a half ago, but then I forgot to save what little I had written at the time and immediately lost all motivation(it was like 200 words but it was the beginning and I couldn't get it right no matter how hard I tried) it's not completely perfect, it it is satisfactory and I wasn't going to let another week go by without a post soooooo, enjoy?🌚

Chapter Text

Luka found me hanging upside down from the couch, staring at my phone as if it carried all the world's secrets. Taking off his shoes at the door and setting my forgotten purse on the counter he turned to look at me. I had taken the liberty of texting him again about me leaving early and making sure it was okay with him(I wasn't so large of an asshole that I would leave him without notice, thankfully we had come to an agreement before, if I felt overwhelmed to just text him and leave).

He chuckled softly at the position I was in and walked up to the couch, falling into it and causing me to slide off(asshole) grunting at the pile I landed on the floor(and the way my phone fell on my nose). I glared at him, he didn't even look the least bit sorry, the smirk never leaving his face while I struggled to untangle myself without bumping my head on the glass coffee table and to make sure I don't push my phone under the couch.

The damn bastard was having a field day. After an embarrassing amount of time rolling over myself, I just barely saved some dignity without needing help getting up. Not that it was fully recognized with the way the maniac was full-on gaffing at my situation. Though the look on his face when he saw my outfit almost made up for all the embarrassment, I had taken the dress and corset off as soon as I had gotten home and changed into bright purple sweat and a neon yellow baggy shirt, despite the clashing of colors it was surprisingly comfortable and was among the few of my favorite sleepwear.

"close your mouth or you'll catch flies." I nearly lost my composure at the audible clicking of his teeth, but really lost it when he motioned with his hands at my outfit, a look of pure bafflement and horror on his face. "h-why-" he had the whole Italian mama-mia motion down while looking at me, tears of pure disappointment in his eyes. "You have good pajamas. Proper pajamas, but you just had to go for the deranged look."

wiping the tears from my eyes, I shrugged. "they're comfortable." He shook his head as if the very idea of comfortable clothes was foreign to him. It took a while for the burst of laughter to taper down(who am I kidding it took forever) Luka hadn't stopped, his look of bafflement was not completely gone but he had a smile on his face. "what were you staring at your phone for anyways?"

leave it to the bastard to not forget anything, I shrugged and passed over my phone. It took him a while to find what I was so obsessed with but I could tell the moment he did, he stared at the phone then back at me, the look of bafflement now turned from my outfit to me. I didn't like it.I raised a brow and crossed my arms as he continuously looked back and forth, his mouth slowly opening again. "It can't be that shocking," I muttered and snatched my phone from his hands. He shook his head and pointed at me, "How in the world did this happen?" I shrugged and put my phone on the couch and got up, my knees cracking painfully loud in the silence of the apartment.

I turned to the kitchen to get something to eat, "she and some what's her face were talking about us and she was trying to calm her down. saw me and chased me outside. danced a bit. Looking back on it I'm cringing. and She asked for my number."He got up from the couch and followed me into the kitchen. "People don't just give someone their phone number because they feel bad!" I shrugged passed him and opened the fridge pulling out bacon and cheese, among a few other things for a snack.

"What do you want me to say? She felt bad and wanted to make it up to me, is my guess."He moved out my way when I crouched down to grab a pan. "That your not that stupid! That your not so fucking Ignorant!" I shrugged and pulled out the pan, walking to the stove and turning it on. It was silent for a while, the only sound, that of the heating oil. "What was the friend's name?" I stiffened for only a moment but I knew he had seen it. I shrugged and tried to get him off the topic. "It's the first day of break and you really want to talk about my lack of human understanding? Just let it go Luka, she gave me her number because she felt bad."