00

The start-off...

*******

The host announced with enthusiasm, "The winner is without a doubt the most beautiful candidate, Miss Jai Lairhen Cueva-Fallel!"

I walked confidently through the crowd, and guess what? They all screamed in excitement. A significant number of fans were mine, and half of the audience was supporting me. I smiled and gave them a confident signature ramp walk.

As I received the crown, it marked my 16th time being crowned the queen. I truly am the ultimate queen.

Wala talagang makakatalo sa kagandahan ko.

I am Jai Lairhen Cueva-Fallel, the eldest daughter of Vanessa Lane Cueva-Fallel and Venrich Fallel. I am widely recognized in the city and considered quite popular. Ika nga nila, I am truly a catch.

With my striking looks that meet everyone's standards, it's not that surprising that no one seems eager to pursue me.

I possess a beautiful face that seems to meet everyone's ideal standards. My sharp pointed nose, cat-like eyes, thick eyebrows, sharp jaw line, and dark eyes are complemented by a charming mole under my left eye. I have a slender and sexy body that resembles a Coca-Cola bottle. My skin is smooth with a flawless complexion. I possess both inner and outer beauty.

So many modeling agencies and companies nga  eagerly plead for me to work with them, but for now, I remain focused on pageants and school. No modeling and ambassador thingy muna sakin, it's not one of my priority muna sa ngayon.

Not only do I excel in beauty, but also brain.

"Allow me to introduce the top dean lister in the university - Jai Lairhen Cueva-Fallel!" the MC began. "Please welcome her for a speech."

It is indeed true - I am an honor student, school valedictorian, and currently hold the top spot on the dean's list at my university. I also have a love for competing in quiz bee's, brainiac competitions, and all things related to intelligence. I even reached the national finals once! That's just how smart I am, thanks to Daddy.

And if you think I'm finished, nuh uh!

In addition to my academic abilities, I excel in sports such as badminton and volleyball.

"Wow, you crushed your opponent once again, Jai. Our team's representative is truly incredibly talented!" The coach praised me with great enthusiasm. I smiled and gave a thumbs-up in response.

Despite facing a few challenges, I always give it my all in sports. Although there were a couple of times when I stumbled, I fought back and never gave up.

Never give up naman talaga ang always motto ko. Effective naman...

Despite my talents, beauty, and intelligence, people perceive me as perfect. I don't blame them tho, if I look at myself from every angle, I do appear flawless.

On the surface, life may seem perfect. I can achieve anything I desire, and I possess the self-assurance to face challenges head-on. But just like how the ocean has only discovered 5% of its depths, there is so much more to me that others don't see.

When it comes to love... I always feel unlucky and hopeless.

I can win crowns, medals, and many more, but the one thing I can't get is him.

"Break na tayo..." His face was emotionless as he said that.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "What are you talking about?" I asked, my hands reflexively reaching for his rough hands.

"Break up? Bakit? Bakit naman tayo aabot sa ganito?" I added.

"I'm tired... Tired of everything... especially you," he responded, his voice cold and distant.

A single tear rolled down my cheek, followed by another and another until I was full-on sobbing. I was hurt, struggling to understand why he suddenly wanted to end things when we had moments of happiness, laughter, tears, and love.

Mahal na mahal ko siya eh...

I shook my head and held his hands tightly, "Please don't say that... Why are you breaking up with me when you... " I paused and looked at him straight in the eyes, " When you promised that I'm the only woman you'll marry..."

"People change just like the climate does... Hindi ko nga akalain na paniniwalaan mo yung sinabi ko. I was just flattering you at that time, Jai"

How could a man change in just one snap? Possible ba yun? O matagal na siyang nawalan ng pagtingin sakin at hinintay niya lang ang tamang panahon upang sabihin ito?

"Please, Migo... don't do this to me" Hagulgol ko sa harapan niya. We were the only ones left in the room, as we had locked the door and closed it behind us. Everyone else had gone home, so there would be no one to overhear our conversation.

He pulled his hand away from me as he said, "Don't beg, Jai... Not on me" Tumalikod siya at nag lakad papalayo sakin. I can't move... my mind and heart were too devastated. Sobrang nasaktan ako.

Mahal ko yun eh...

Miguelito Juharem Del Reyes,my two years old boyfriend breaking up with me hit me like a gut punch.

I was still a third-year college student, just like him - studying Fashion Design while he pursued Engineering.

Our relationship had been flawless for so long, which made the sudden end all the more surprising. A knot formed in my throat as I struggled to comprehend how things had come to this.

Kaya kong makuha lahat... Maliban sa kanya...

Kaya kong kunin pabalik sakin lahat...maliban ulit sa kanya.

Author;
Winterjamm