4: Don't cry Jaan!

Note: This chapter may be a bit emotional.

Shivika's POV

I heard Saras' voice... it was as if he will break down anytime. I looked at him and the baby was pretty angry but hurt as well. I tried to put on a smile for him and asked, "Kya hua?"

He came forward towards me as I gestured others to leave, or maybe go and meet Ashu. Saras held my hand in his trembling ones and asked, "Aap achanak aise different kyu ho gaye ho Bhabhi? Bhaiya theek hai na?" He left my hands and cupped my face, " Bolo naaaa!!"

"He is now completely paralyzed. He can now only feel emotions, hear and see, nothing else. Uski brain and spinal injury severe thi, I hope you know the consequences as a medical student" I said, my voice had no emotions. Jiske liye mere saare emotions hai wahi abh lash ban gaya hai.

He was in disbelief, something broke in me seeing him like that. He fell to his knees but I held him from hurting himself. "Chal bachha tere bhaiya se mil ke ayenge. Phir unke discharge formalities bhi pure karne hai... Saras?"

He looked at me with teary eyes and the same unsettled feeling and restlessness rose in me, as if I was missing something but that is a later concern. Right now my love and my family mattered more. I helped him get up and we walked to his room, well this baby behind me will not leave my saree ka pallu here as well. He was tailing me with the loose end of my saree in his hand, his gaze towards the floor and nose slightly red from sniffing.

As we reached Ashutosh's room, I saw Bhai, Shree and Jaanvi di there. "Umm guys! Can you- can you give us sometime?" I asked softly in a hesitant voice knowing everyone is upset because I kept blaming myself. They ignored me professionally and I could feel Saras' grip on my pallu tighten.

"Pretty pl-please?" I again ask but they just give me a glance and look back to Ashu who was awake, looking at me and his eyes told me that he was enjoying them being angry at me silently. So these people told him already I guess. "Saras go bring me some water please? I'm really thirsty bachha!" He went away as I glared at the 4 idiots in front of me.

"Guys please leave! I want some time with my husband... This is not fun Ashutosh! And you guys, you can scold me for blaming myself but can't do this with me! I want the 3 of you out, right now!!" I say as calmly as I could but at the end it came out pretty rude.

"Also tell Saras to come after an hour or so, I need time with Ashutosh!" They knew I was damn serious right now so they left. Bhai being Bhai gave me a soft pat on head as a gesture to calm down before stepping out whereas Shree didn't say a word and Di was looking down the whole time.

As they went out, I tried to put on a smile and went to Ashutosh. "Someone was enjoying huh?" I asked softly caressing his forehead. The mischievous emotion in his eyes was now replaced by tears. "Kyu bachha? Kya huaaa?" My voice broke as I completed. My hand automatically went to cheek as I kept rubbing my thumb there to give him assurance, "Mai yahi hu na Ashu, tu bhi yahi hai bachha... toh kyu rona hai huh?! Don't cry Jaan!!"

My eyes were filled with tears too, holding those back I kissed the tears that slipped down his eyes with a smile. Don't cry! My heart is already shattered, I can't bear this... Kyu Krishn, kyuuu? Kya paap kiya maine?

Nevertheless I wiped my tears for him and initiated a convo, a one-sided convo, where I speak and he remains still. "Mujhe bata abhi tujhe theek lag raha? Kahi dard ho raha hai abhi bhi?" I am used to reading his eyes, I knew he was feeling pain. "Kaha dard ho raha? Saras ko bulati hu..." but his eyes quickly reflected denial, a denial which was for him as well as his Saras. Neither would Saras be able to see him like that nor would he be able to see Saras break down.

"Achha nahi bulati usse, shh shh! Mai discharge formalities karke aau? Don't worry sirf Jaanvi di ko andar aane dungi, hmm?" He eyes showed clear refusal but then a reluctant acceptance was also there as if he was saying, "Matt jaa na Jaan, thodi der baad jaa" but then, "thike lekin jaldi wapas aa, I need you!" He is like an open book if you know how to read his eyes. "I will be back soon! Khush?" I kissed his forehead as he closed his eyes to relish the feeling and then went out after calling Jaanvi di in.

4-5 hours later

Ashutosh was on the wheelchair as I pushed it towards our home. I knew he was nervous, anxious so I squeezed his shoulder to give him silent comfort. His face emotionless but his eyes holding millions of emotions. Maneet bhai and Shreeniti also came with us and they are staying because according to them I needed protection from my mother-in-law but mostly his chachi.

Well, what I was expecting did happen! As we reached the door, Ashutosh was now handled by his mother and his chachi came out and slapped me! "Mrs. Mehta! Please! She's also suffering..." Jaanvi di said with anger. Jaanvi di and Saras never had a good bond with their mother. Hell! They didn't even consider her as their mother for her deeds. Coming back to me, after the slap the door was shut on my face.

Sorry for the short chapter... the writer was too busy to pressure her brain to add more. The next chapter would be a long one! Promise! Till then please vote and comment.
<3 byeee
Rinnies❤️