Chapter 8: Together Once More

"Rak?" He whispered. The other man opened his eyes.

"Fort? Fort! You are awake! Oh my god!" Tongrak- well at least someone who looks exactly like his mate, only, he knew his mate is already close to his due date so Tongrak should be heavily pregnant, but the man before him is as slim as when his mate was before he became pregnant.

Mahasamut slowly sat up.

"..."

"Fort? A-Are you okay?"

"Fort?" He said with a questioning look on his face.

"A-Are you okay? They said that you will heal fully in a few months..." Rak bit his lip, clearly feeling guilty about something.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Huh? What do you mean? It's me, Tongrak." Mahasamut's eyes widened at that.

"Rak?" He called once more, before reaching out to hold his mate's face.

"That can't be. My mate is due soon..." He said in a barely there whisper.

It was Tongrak's eyes' turn to widen at the words the man before him whispered.

"W-What?" His lips were already trembling from all the sudden emotions he's feeling.

"Are you really Tongrak? My mate?" Mahasamut asked once more.

"I- I am. B-But- M-Mahasamut?" Rak could no longer hold his tears back. Mahasamut pulled Tongrak into a hug.

Just then, a knock came from the door.

"Momma?" A small voice came from where the door opened.

Tongrak immediately wiped his tears, stood up and walked to pick the small boy up.

"Is Dada awake now?" The boy asked, trying to look over Rak's shoulder.

"He is. Do you want to see Dada?" Rak asked hesitantly, because although Dao had known Fort, the one inside Fort's body right now is his biological father whom he had never met since his birth.

When he faced Fort- well- Mahasamut, he looked at Rak with clear confusion.

"Who-"

"Dada! Dao was so scared!" Dao reached out towards Mahasamut, so Rak let him down so the boy could walk to Mut's side.

At the mention of the boy's name, Mut just stared at the boy who looked exactly like him, only he had Tongrak's eyes and fair skin.

"Is he?" He looked up at Rak who nodded in the slightest not wanting to make it seem obvious.

Mut looked down at Saengdao before smiling at his son. Who was clearly older than he should be considering what he remembered was Saengdao was yet to be born.

"Hey there my Starlight!" Mut said, reaching out to pat Dao's head, trying to comfort the teary eyed boy.

"Does it still hurt Dada?" Dao asked, looking at Mut's bandaged body.

"Dada's going to be okay baby. Dada's strong!" Mut tried flexing his arm only to hiss at the pain he felt.

"Please do be careful, it's only been a few minutes since you woke up." A voice said. It was the doctor.

"Sorry Doctor, I just wanted to assure this big boy here that I'm fine."

"You will be if you follow all the care instructions once you're clear for discharge. Don't worry little one, your Uncle's a fighter, he's very strong." The doctor smiled at Dao who was attentively listening to every word the doctor said.