1 | Moving ᡣ𐭩

Kindly don't forget to vote and comment to show your support.
______________________________________________

"Ahhhhh, ahhhhh, slow down man ! I'm tired now. How many times do we have to do this? I can't do this anymore!" Shekhar exclaimed, wiping the sweat from his brow.

"Last round, okay?" Rohan replied, a grin on his face despite the exhaustion.

"Promise? Because I can't do this anymore. I don't have any more strength left for this. I just want to sleep now," Shekhar pleaded, glancing at the heaps of furniture scattered around their new home.

As they moved into their new place in Bangalore, Shekhar felt a mix of excitement and fear. This city had always been his dream, a place where he could finally launch MAH, his startup. After nearly eight years of struggle in Mumbai-where competition was fierce and opportunities scarce-he was determined to make it work this time.

With Rohan and his wife, Pooja, by his side, he felt hopeful. They had been his unwavering support, especially during his toughest times. While he had tried to establish his business in Mumbai, he had only survived, not thrived. Now, returning to Bangalore felt like reclaiming a piece of himself.

In the midst of the chaos, Shekhar's thoughts turned to his daughter, Maheen. She had always been a quiet child, understanding in her own way that her father couldn't always be there like other dads. She never complained, aware that voicing her feelings might only add to his burdens.

He carried the weight of guilt for not being the father she deserved, wishing he could provide her with both a mother's nurturing and a father's presence. He hoped that this move would not only revive his career but also strengthen their bond. This new beginning was about more than just a fresh start; it was about creating a better life for Maheen, one filled with love and support.

He believed that relocating would be a fresh start, a chance to escape the shadows of his past and concentrate on his company and daughter. Rohan had always been more than just a friend. Through thick and thin, Rohan had been his unwavering support, especially during his darkest days.

Despite their contrasting personalities-Shekhar's introspective nature clashing with Rohan's outgoing spirit-they balanced each other perfectly. This unlikely friendship grounded Shekhar, reminding him that he wasn't alone as he navigated the challenges ahead. Together, they were a testament to the idea that opposites not only attract but also complement one another in profound ways.

ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Papa,Is this our new Home now?",eight year old Maheen asked.

Home. It is indeed a beautiful word, but it carries the weight of comfort. Shekhar had long forgotten what a true home felt like; he had never really had one. He is determined to give his daughter a Home here so that at least his daughter will have something called Home to return to whenever she wants comfort.

"Yes,Darling. I have even prepared a car-themed room just for you." He knew how crazy his daughter is for formula 1 but what he didn't realize was that his daughter didn't want any special room for her. She just wanted to share the same space with her father to have him around her even if her father came late. She likes it when he sleeps with her and tells her about his day thinking that she is asleep.

"Really? Thank you, Papa!" she exclaimed as she didn't want her father to think that she didn't appreciate his surprise for her.

"Let's go see your room, and you can tell me if there is anything you don't like or want to change, okay?" he suggested.

He always wanted his daughter to know that her opinions mattered so whenever he has to make any decision which includes her, he will include her in decision making.

*****************************⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ***************************

Did you like the first chapter?Share your reviews in comment section.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

If you liked it, then add Mon Chéri in your library.

Follow me to get notifications whenever I update a new chapter.

Also follow me on Instagram.

Insta ID: _taleswithgazala