ИФVΞMБΞЯ

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

November had descended with its cold, biting winds, a stark reminder of the losses Maria had endured in recent months. She sat in her dimly lit bedroom, surrounded by the silence that felt suffocating. The autumn leaves had fallen, leaving behind bare branches that mirrored the emptiness in her heart.

Maria couldn't shake the image of Haven's face as he turned away from her, the hurt in his eyes lingering long after their last conversation. They had shared so much—laughter, dreams, and countless moments that made her believe in the bond they had formed. But now, that bond was shattered, ripped apart by lies and the manipulative presence of Patricia.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she recalled the whispers that had echoed through their friend group. "You're just jealous of Patricia," they'd said. "You pushed him away yourself." Each accusation was a dagger to her heart, deepening the wounds she had already sustained. How could they think that? She had never felt jealousy toward Patricia; instead, she had felt a deep sense of loss for her friendship with Haven.

In the midst of her heartbreak, Maria found solace in Mikaella, a girl who had become Haven's number one reader and supporter. They had bonded over their shared love for literature and their experiences with heartbreak.

One chilly afternoon, Maria found herself sitting with Mikaella in a cozy coffee shop, the aroma of warm drinks filling the air. Mikaella looked at her with understanding eyes, her voice soft and comforting. "You know, it's okay to feel this way, Maria. Losing someone you care about, especially when it's not your fault, hurts. You're not alone in this."

Maria wiped her tears, her voice shaky. "It just feels like everything is falling apart. I lost my grandmother, then my family struggled to cope with it, and now... Haven." She looked down at her trembling hands, feeling as if the weight of the world was pressing down on her. "I don't know how to deal with it all. I thought he understood me, but now..."

Mikaella leaned closer, her expression warm and empathetic. "Sometimes, people get caught up in misunderstandings. Haven may not see the truth right now, but that doesn't mean you should blame yourself. You've been through so much, and it's okay to grieve those losses."

"I keep thinking about how I could have handled things differently," Maria confessed, her voice breaking. "But no matter what I do, it feels like I'm the villain in this story."

"You're not a villain," Mikaella assured her, her tone firm yet gentle. "You've faced so many challenges. Don't let others dictate how you feel or define your worth. This is a difficult time, and healing takes time. You need to focus on yourself and what makes you happy."

Maria nodded, trying to absorb Mikaella's words. She knew she had to give herself grace, to understand that it was okay to feel hurt and lost. But the ache of losing Haven, of feeling abandoned and blamed, was overwhelming.

As they talked, the comfort of Mikaella's presence slowly eased the weight in Maria's heart. She realized that while her friends might not understand, she could lean on those who did. In that moment, she found a glimmer of hope—the knowledge that she was not alone in her struggles.

In the following weeks, as November rolled on, Maria focused on healing. She poured her feelings into her writing, channeling her pain into stories and poetry. The words flowed from her heart like a river, allowing her to process her grief.

Though the memory of Haven lingered, a bittersweet reminder of what was lost, Maria began to find strength within herself. She learned to embrace her emotions, understanding that crying was not a sign of weakness but a necessary part of healing. With Mikaella by her side, she felt less alone, slowly piecing together the fragments of her heart, ready to face whatever came next.