ΛUGUSΓ

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

It was a calm August evening, the air still warm but touched with a breeze that hinted at the coming fall. Haven and Maria sat on the edge of a small dock by the lake, their legs dangling over the water. The sun was setting, painting the sky in shades of orange and purple, the reflection shimmering on the water's surface. They had been coming here often, ever since they started spending more time together.

Maria swung her legs gently, the soft ripples in the water mirroring the rhythm of their conversation.

"So," Maria began, her voice light but curious, "What's going on with your story? You haven't told me much about it lately."

Haven glanced at her and smiled. "I've been working on it," he said, shrugging a little. "But I'm stuck."

Maria raised an eyebrow. "Stuck how?"

Haven sighed, pulling a small notebook from his bag and flipping through the pages. "The main character—he's just... wandering. He doesn't know what he's looking for, or maybe he does, but he won't admit it. It's frustrating because I don't know what to do with him."

Maria chuckled softly, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Sounds like someone I know," she teased.

Haven couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, yeah. Maybe he's a little like me. Lost in his head, not sure where he's headed next."

Maria tilted her head thoughtfully. "Maybe he's not supposed to have it all figured out yet. Maybe he's just living through each moment, finding the answers as he goes."

Haven looked at her, surprised at how easily she seemed to understand him—and the character he was trying to write. "You always know how to put things into perspective," he said, shaking his head.

Maria smiled, her expression softening. "I just listen. Sometimes you already know the answers; you just need someone to help you see them."

There was a comfortable silence between them for a moment as they watched the sun dip lower behind the trees. Haven felt a sense of peace around Maria that he hadn't felt with anyone else. She wasn't just someone he spent time with—she was his special friend, the one who listened, understood, and never judged him for being stuck in his own thoughts.

"You know," Haven said, his voice thoughtful, "I'm really glad we've gotten close these past few months. You've made me see things differently. Not just with my writing, but with everything."

Maria smiled gently, leaning back on her hands as she looked at him. "I'm glad too, Haven. You're a special friend to me. It's been nice to talk, to share ideas... and just be here."

Haven felt a warmth in his chest at her words. Maria was different from anyone he had ever met. She had a way of making him feel understood, even when he didn't fully understand himself.

"I don't know how the story ends yet," he said, glancing down at the notebook in his lap. "But I think I'm starting to figure it out."

Maria nodded, her gaze returning to the water. "Sometimes the ending finds you when you're ready," she said. "No rush. Just let it happen."

As the last rays of sunlight slipped away, Haven felt a quiet sense of clarity. Maybe the answers weren't something he had to force. Maybe, just like his story, his life would unfold in its own time, with the right people beside him—people like Maria, who could see the story even when he couldn't.

And as the stars began to twinkle above them, Haven knew one thing for certain: he was grateful for Maria, his special friend, who always seemed to show up just when he needed her most.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ・ω ι т ¢ н α χ я ι α・ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ