The Tryout

The next morning, Jade Sabin found herself in a very different environment. The echoes of last night's debut still rang in her mind, the roar of the crowd and the feeling of victory fresh in her veins. But today wasn't about celebration. Today was about the next step—her WWE tryout.

The WWE Performance Center in Orlando loomed large as Jade walked through the entrance, her bag slung over her shoulder. The facility was a state-of-the-art training ground, the epicenter for the future of wrestling. This was where stars were made—or broken. Jade had always dreamed of this place, but never imagined she'd be walking through its doors not as Dr. Jade Storm, but as Jade Sabin—the Unhinged Rose.

She paused at the door, taking a deep breath. This was her shot, and though she'd left her medical career behind, the weight of that decision still lingered. Losing her medical license had left a gaping hole in her life, but wrestling had filled it in a way she never expected. Now, it was time to see if she could truly make this transition permanent.

Inside, the Performance Center was bustling with activity. Trainees were scattered around, running drills, practicing moves in the ring, and lifting weights. It was a hive of energy, and yet, Jade felt a certain calm settle over her. This was her element now.

As she approached the main ring, she spotted several familiar faces. Triple H was standing off to the side, arms crossed, watching the tryouts with a critical eye. His presence alone was intimidating. Nearby, Saraya, who had always been in Jade's corner, gave her a nod of encouragement.

Bayley wasn't here today, but Jade could still hear her friend's words of support ringing in her ears: You've got this. You belong here.

Before Jade could take in more of the scene, a voice pulled her attention. "Jade Sabin?"

She turned to see Matt Bloom, the head coach, calling her name. He was flanked by a couple of trainers and William Regal, one of the legends who had an eye for talent.

"That's me," Jade replied, stepping forward. Her voice was steady, though her heart pounded in her chest.

"Let's see what the Unhinged Rose can do," Matt said with a half-smile. "We've heard good things."

Jade nodded and headed into the ring. As she stretched out, loosening her shoulders, she saw the other hopefuls lining up, watching her closely. The pressure was on. Everyone here wanted to be the next big thing, but she couldn't think about that now. This was her moment to prove she was more than just a comeback story or a doctor with a shattered past. She was a wrestler.

"Alright, we'll run through some basic drills first, then get into some match simulations," Matt explained. "Show us what you've got."

The drills began, and Jade threw herself into the work. She knew they were watching every move, judging her technique, her athleticism, her endurance. But wrestling wasn't just about physicality—it was about heart, storytelling, and connecting with the crowd. And that's where Jade knew she had an edge. The Unhinged Rose wasn't just a persona; it was who she had become, a fighter who had been knocked down but refused to stay there.

Hours passed as they moved from one drill to the next. Jade's body screamed in protest, muscles aching from the rigorous pace, but she pushed through. Every grapple, every strike, every roll felt more fluid than the last. Her body, though fatigued, remembered the motions as if it had never left the ring.

Finally, it was time for the match simulations. They paired her with a seasoned WWE trainee, someone already on the brink of a call-up. It was a test, and Jade knew it. The trainers were looking for more than just moves now—they were looking for presence, for the ability to command the ring and tell a story through combat.

The bell rang, and Jade was immediately on the defensive. Her opponent came at her with a flurry of punches and kicks, but Jade kept her composure. She ducked, dodged, and countered with precision. The Unhinged Rose began to bloom, her movements sharp and unpredictable. She leaned into her character, her eyes wild, her lips curving into a smirk as she gained the upper hand.

A devastating clothesline sent her opponent crashing to the mat, and the room grew quieter. Jade could feel eyes on her, watching her every move. This was it—the moment to prove she belonged here. She didn't hesitate. With a swift motion, she executed her finishing move—the same high-impact DDT that had brought her victory the night before. Her opponent hit the mat hard, and Jade went for the pin.

"One... two... three."

The trainees clapped politely, but Jade could feel the intensity in the air. She stood, breathing hard, adrenaline coursing through her veins, waiting for the feedback. The trainers gathered, exchanging glances, and Jade's heart thudded in her chest.

After what felt like an eternity, Matt Bloom approached her.

"You've got something," he said, a hint of approval in his voice. "It's clear you're not just doing this for fun. There's passion, and we can see the work you've put in. You're rough around the edges, but there's potential."

Jade nodded, her chest still heaving. It wasn't a guarantee, but it was hope. And right now, hope was enough.

"We'll be in touch," William Regal added with a small smile. "Keep working, and don't lose that fire."

As they walked away, Jade sank onto the ring apron, wiping the sweat from her brow. Saraya appeared beside her, offering her a water bottle.

"You did good," Saraya said, nudging her playfully. "You've got their attention."

Jade took a deep breath, feeling a mix of relief and exhaustion. "Yeah, but is it enough?"

Saraya grinned. "It's always enough when you're the Unhinged Rose."

Jade smiled, her heart full. She wasn't a surgeon anymore, but maybe, just maybe, she could be something greater.