Chapter 20

"All my flowers grew back as thorns,
Windows boarded up after the storm"

~Taylor Swift

Gracy's POV

It's been so long. Where did they both go? It's getting late and we have to leave the party too.

I went towards Daniel who's dancing along with some of his friends.

"Daniel" I tried to call him. No response. I tried once again. Still no response.

"DANIEL" I said a little louder this time.

Finally, my voice reached the ears of Mr Deaf D'Souza.

He excused himself and came towards me.

"Have you seen Ahana and Tanishq?" I said. He looks towards me confused.

"What are you saying say it a little louder the music is too loud" he said.

"You are seriously deaf or something?" I said and obviously he was not able to hear that too. I rolled my eyes. This guy is seriously unbearable.

Shiver ran down my spine as his hand wrapped around my waist. Goosebumps rose up as he pulled me close and brought his head down.

What the fuck.

"Now say it" He said as he tried to listen to what I was saying.

Oh god He's too close.

"Um..uh...Ahana And Tanishq...have you seen them?" I said while trying to focus on my words.

"No ? Why ? haven't they returned yet?" He said while he turned his head towards me. He leaves me instantly realising what he was doing. I avoided his eyes while he did the same. Tension between us increases and fuck this is suffocating.

"No they haven't" I said while playing with my fingers. "I think....I think we should find them and leave...it's getting late"

"Yeah let's go" Daniel said as we both went to find them. Daniel went to the opposite side while I went towards the other. No sight of them.

"You got them?" Daniel asked.

"No" I shake my head

"Did you try to call them?" He asked.

"Ahana's handbag is with me which has her mobile and Tanishq's phone is out of coverage for some reason. Are they both okay?" I said

"I hope so. Let's go and check in the washroom" He said. I nodded and went behind him.

Why is the atmosphere here so damp? So many people are at the party but still this place is empty. Emptiness makes me scared. We both went ahead and heard a sobbing voice. I looked inside to see Ahana was in Tanishq's arm crying uncontrollably while shaking. She was covered with his jacket. They both are on their knees. Wtf happened here?

"Tanishq?" I said as Tanishq turned towards us. "what happens here? Why is Ahana crying so much?"

"Come here and calm her please" Tanishq said as he requested me to calm Ahana down.

I went on my knees to be at their level. I went towards her and held her "Ahana? Look at me. What happened??"

She looked towards me. But she didn't reply and just hugged me. She cried. more bitterly. Her cries were of hurt. They were of fear. Even I got tears in my eyes. I rubbed her back. Tanishq stood up beside us.

"Tanishq what happened to her?" Daniel asked as I tried to calm her down.

Tanishq just stood silently. Without saying a word.