Palinoia

palinoia (noun) pal-en-oi-ah: the obsessive action of practicing something until it's been mastered

~Author's Note~
wc 3k

Hiii

"Are you awake? I know it's late-"

"You have to hide!" I whispered urgently to him and watched him roll his eyes with irritation. I wasted no more time in getting up, gathering my clothes and throwing them on.

"Ella, I am not hiding in my own home," He whispered back. "We're both adults–Ella, you can't be serious." But he didn't try to get away from me as I pulled him to my closet.

"Just a second!" I called out to his sister over my shoulder before I tossed his clothes at him. He groaned as I shut the closet and raced for the door, stopping to check at my mirror to make sure I looked presentable. Good enough, I guess.

I pulled the door open and saw Lily standing there with a small frown on her face and tears in her eyes.

"You okay?" I asked, moving away from the door to allow her in. She nodded and entered, tears subsiding when she took a seat on the ottoman in front of the bed.

"You talk to Logan yet?" I stiffened upon her question.

He was supposed to have done that by now. I internally groaned. Who was going to take the blame for this one? If I told her no, then I was going to look like a bad friend. But, if I told her yes, she was going to know Logan just didn't want to talk to her which would hurt her feelings.

"He hasn't talked to you yet?" I landed on deflection. She huffed and shook her head.

"Nope. I guess he's still really upset about what happened. But you understand, right?"

My eyes flicked to the closet and felt panic settle in. Once again, placed between the siblings.

"Uh, I can see where both of you are coming from. Both situations suck but I don't think I should be getting in between you both." I smiled sadly at her, taking a seat next to her.

"I know, I just thought maybe since you two were closer that you might be able to change his mind but...I guess not. I just miss him."

My heart clenched. "I'm sorry Lily."

She brushed me off, blinking back tears. "It's fine." She sniffled and took a look around the room, eyes landing on something beside the bed. "What are you doing this evening?"

My cheeks lit up immediately and when she looked back at me, she had a devious, shit-eating grin. "Oh, nothing. Just...lounging around."

"Mhm," She raised her brows and stood from the ottoman. "Where are you hiding him?"