Chapter 10: Growing Feelings

Na usko pata, na uski khata

Main us pe mar gyi, zara usko bata

Noor was putting the final touches on me, her hands deftly adjusting every detail

Noor was putting the final touches on me, her hands deftly adjusting every detail. Once she finished, I stepped back and caught my reflection in the mirror.

The navy blue dress hugged my figure perfectly, while a delicate necklace lay gracefully against my collarbone.

A bracelet sparkled on my wrist, and my makeup was flawless, reminiscent of a pink princess. My hair was neatly styled in a bun, adorned with pearls that shimmered softly.

Overall, I looked perfect.

Noor chuckled, a playful glint in her eyes. "Kyun, chaunk gyi?

("Surprised?")

As I gazed into the mirror, I turned slightly toward her, a hint of a smile on my lips. "Why would I be surprised? I expected nothing less from you," I said, my voice light with gratitude.

I pivoted fully to face her. "You are amazing, Noor. Thank you so much."

She reached out to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear, her touch gentle. "You're beautiful. I've just enhanced what was already there."

I smiled back at her, feeling a warmth in my heart.

"Murad's going to be mesmerized as soon as he sees you," Noor said with a playful wink.

I laughed, feeling a flutter of excitement. "I should call him and let him know I'll pick him up from home."

"Yeah, sure."

I dialed Murad's number while Noor started packing away her makeup. The phone rang as I stepped out onto the balcony. A gentle breeze brushed against me, bringing a sense of calm that felt refreshing.

When he answered, his voice was cheerful. "Hello!"

"Mr. Murad, are you ready?" I asked, trying to keep my tone light.