Risotto Night

Chapter 10: 

The sun had dipped below the Paris skyline, casting a soft glow across the city. Daria was settled comfortably in her small apartment, her sketches scattered around her like fallen leaves. She had spent the day working on her project for class.

A knock echoed through her quiet space. Daria looked up, startled. She wasn't expecting anyone. Moving to the door, she peered through the peephole. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Kylian standing there, hands stuffed in the pockets of his jeans, a relaxed smile lighting up his face.

She opened the door, trying to play it cool. "Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Surprise!" Kylian exclaimed, grinning. "I thought I'd come and whisk you away for a little adventure."

Daria raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "An adventure? At this hour?"

"Absolutely! I promise it'll be fun," he replied, his enthusiasm infectious. "You up for it?"

After a moment of hesitation, Daria nodded, curiosity getting the better of her. "Sure, why not? Let me grab my things."

As she hurried back to her room for her jacket, a rush of excitement coursed through her. What was he planning? She returned to the door, and he looked her up and down, a playful smirk on his lips.

"Ready for anything?" he teased.

"Always," Daria shot back, trying to sound more confident than she felt.

As they walked through the streets of Paris, the night air was crisp and refreshing. Kylian led the way, chatting easily about his day. Daria found herself captivated by his energy, how he effortlessly drew her in with stories of training, his teammates, and even a humorous mishap from practice.

"Did I tell you about the time Achraf tried to show off his juggling skills and ended up knocking over the water cooler?" Kylian laughed, shaking his head at the memory.

Daria chuckled. "No, but that sounds like classic Achraf. Who's Achraf, by the way?"

"Oh, Achraf Hakimi—my teammate at PSG. He's got a knack for turning everything into a comedy show," Kylian replied, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

They strolled past the Seine, the water shimmering under the moonlight. The city was alive, and Daria felt alive in a way she hadn't experienced in a long time. They arrived at a stylish building, and Kylian led her inside, the familiar hum of his world wrapping around her like a warm blanket.

"Welcome to my humble abode," he said, gesturing grandly as they entered his apartment. It was sleek and modern, with large windows overlooking the city. The living area was adorned with a mix of contemporary art and football memorabilia, a true reflection of who he was.

Daria took a moment to absorb her surroundings. "This is incredible! I love the view."

"Thanks. It's nice to have a bit of space, but honestly, it can get lonely sometimes. It's just me and my thoughts," Kylian admitted, running a hand through his hair.

Daria looked at him, surprised. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed."

"Yeah, it's easy to forget that sometimes," he replied, leaning against the kitchen counter. "But enough about that. I was thinking we could cook together tonight."

"Cook? What do you have in mind?" Daria asked, her interest piqued.

"Risotto! Remember we talked about it the other day?" Kylian's eyes lit up with enthusiasm.

Daria's heart swelled at the thought. "I love risotto! But actually, I know how to make it. How about I show you?"

"Really? That sounds perfect! I'd love to watch you work," Kylian said, moving aside as Daria took charge in the kitchen.