35

   Again, Karina woke to find herself lying against the hard surface of her class desk.

With the feeling of another repeat day, yet she shook away the feeling of unease as she washed up, fixed her uniform, and scurried out of the classroom. In a hurry now, she marched towards the door, her brain framed with seeing Winter.

When Karina saw Winter, standing confidently despite the cuts and bruises still visible on her face, a soft smile played on her lips. Not that Karina was hesitant. She quickly ran to Winter and reached out to grab her hand, pulling her towards her empty classroom.

Winter gaped, but before she could spout some protest, Karina pushed her gently against the wall and kissed her. Soft and tentative, at first, but Winter's surprise was gone by the time she smiled into the kiss, wrapping her arms loosely around Karina's waist, pulling her in closer.

As they finally drew away, Winter grinned playfully.

"Well, good morning to you too, President," she whispered, her eyes sparkling with mirth.

Karina, her cheeks hot red, stammered a shy, "Good morning," back.

She quickly turned away, trying to hide, but Winter, always ready for the tease, chased her and wrapped her arms around Karina from behind.

"Why did you leave after kissing me?" Winter whispered softly in her ear, playfulness bubbling beneath her tone. Karina didn't say anything, playing with Winter's hands, which were wrapped around her wrist like a prisoner's manacles.

Winter felt Karina's sudden silence and pulled her in closer, the hug tightening around her.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed," Winter teased again, but this made Karina glare up at her, though the smile playing at her lips softened the look. Winter just laughed, placing a quick kiss to Karina's cheek, which made her go an even deeper shade of red.

Before things could get too cozy, sound waves heralding the arrival of a group of students reached the hall.

Winter hesitantly lets go of Kari, taking a step back and giving Karina a wink and a playful wave as she says, "See you soon."

She leaves the classroom, smiling warmly as always.

Karina did that, turned and watched her leave with the smile never quite leaving her face as she turned back to see Giselle was already seated at her desk, arms crossed over her chest, an eyebrow raised.

"Well, someone's in a good mood," Giselle said, a knowing smirk on her face.

Karina chuckled, did not trust herself to say anything and took hold of Giselle by the arm, pulling her out of the seat.

"Whoa, class is about to start!" Giselle protested, though she didn't sound exactly distraught at missing the hour.

"Trust me," Karina said, moving her towards the stairwell that led to the rooftop.