Boys meet ... a Girl?

"Great!" I think to myself as I stare at the picture of the 7 Korean boys that are all around my age. As if it isn't bad enough that I'm a foreign girl taking the spot of a Korean Idol I now have to face these 7 boys every day. The butterflies in my stomach begin to build at just the thought of my awkward tendencies trying to have friendships with these boys. Then it all hit me at once, I have to sing in front of them as well! Tears began to well up in my eyes at the thought and I quickly talked my emotions down

"Management said you were amazing Y/N, why would they lie about that?" I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh accepting the fate I had signed the contracts to.  

You send the picture you found on the internet to Brittany to vent about what you just got yourself into, naturally her response didn't disappoint.

"Girl, look how damn cute they are! If you don't get in there tomorrow and talk to them I will fly to Korea and do it myself" I read her message with a smile and a gentle eye roll.  She always knows how to make me laugh through my stress. I toss the phone to the side and sleep for the last time in my apartment as I was informed by management during the signing that I would spend the remainder of my contract in the dorms with the boys. This should be interesting. 

I grab my things and pack up what remains in my apartment, tonight will be the last night I sleep on the floor. This month in Korea so far is not at all how I planned it last year after graduation.

I toss and turn lacking in the ability to sleep thinking about this meeting tomorrow and how bad it will go. I manage a small nap before its time to get up and start the day. I get ready and take my bags all the way down to the Big Hit building. The receptionist helps me with my things and tells me to follow her. We walk down the hallway behind her desk where the meeting was held a few weeks before and she stops in front of a white door. She opens the door for me and as I step in I see the 7 boys sitting at a table chatting and laughing together. I step into the doorway when one wearing a hat clears his throat. They all stop talking and turn to look at me. I stand with my hands folded at the front, looking down at the ground in fear of making eye contact with them. 

Management steps in from behind me standing at my right side when he addresses the boys.

"Boys, This is Y/N she is the newest member of your group. She is American and can speak some Korean but please be patient with her as she is learning much in the coming months. She will be a part of your vocal line. You all can take as much time as you need to get to know each other but she will be bunking at the dorms with you all as well." he explains as the boys all nod to his statements.

He looks at me and places his hand on my shoulder before exiting the room. I grab a nearby seat at the end of the table and they all stop to look at me. 

The one in the red flannel and beanie hat speaks up first. "Hi Y/N, I'm Namjoon; I'm the leader of the group but also I'm fairly fluent in English if you need any help communicating in the future." he smiles the most heart warming smile with the deepest dimples and I couldn't help but smile back.

To his right was a bubbly guy with the brightest smile, his hat backwards pushed his bangs into his eyes and as he waved excitedly he brushed his hair back with his fingers. I waved back shyly but couldn't focus as the boy with copper colored hair was staring at me, hardly breaking his gaze. He looked at me with shy eyes as if he didn't know how to respond to my existence. I grinned at him and he quickly looked away.

"Does that mean he's not happy about me being here?" I said to myself in fear that maybe they wont like that I'm their newest member. The Boy to my right looked at the copper haired boy concerned and then proceeded to tap the table in front of me saying,