Tracks and Travel

Its been about 3 weeks since the filming of the music video for "Boy in luv" and management has kept me pretty busy. While the boys are off doing dance practices for their already recorded and choreographed songs, I have been off on my own working with a vocal coach. The boys have had about a year of training ahead of me so our managers believe I need to do my best to catch up before debut. A few times a week I'm in the studio working on polishing my vocals and I work with Hobi some days on some basic dance moves. Our manager approached me today after my session in the recording booth to talk about some upcoming projects after the release of 'Skool Luv Affair".

I see the manager walk into the studio as I begin putting away the equipment I had just used over the last several hours. He motioned me over to sit beside him on the lounger.

"Good afternoon Ms. Y.N, How has training went so far?" 

"Its great Sir, I'm learning much about my abilities and I thank you for the opportunity to improve before debut." I responded, genuinely grateful for the opportunity.

"That's good to hear. Listen Y/N we understand you have a lot going on already but we really want you to take some time to come up with a Solo track to record and a performance with the possibility of release along side "Skool Luv Affair". We think it would be good for ARMY to see your raw talent outside of the group." the manager explained to me while sounding very serious about the proposal.

"Skool Luv Affair" releases in a month, you want me to write and produce a song in a month?" I asked while feeling completely overwhelmed with the upcoming task.

"That would be ideal" he said while straightening his suit jacket. 

"I will do the best I can sir". I look down at the ground avoiding eye contact so he doesn't notice the overwhelming look on my face. 

"Thank you Y/N", he stands up and walks toward the door before turning to face me with a gentle smile and a bow. I was then left to sulk at the idea that I had to come up with a song in such a short period of time.

I arrive back at the dorms to find some boys eating, some boys watching t.v. and some boys who must not have gotten home yet. I walk over to the table and lay my purse down. Jungkook and Tae turn around suddenly hearing the jingling of my keychain hit the table.

"Oh your finally home" Jungkook said turning his gaze back to the unrecognizable show on the T.V.

"Yep, and I really don't know what to do about managements newest task for me" I walk over to the couch and slump down between the two of them. 

"Is it that bad?" Tae asked while looking at me with concerned eyes. 

"Not as bad as it could be I guess." I say with a sigh as I place my hands to the side on the knees of both Tae and Jungkook, using them to push myself up out of the hole created in the middle of the sofa. I needed to get started as soon as possible to try to write a song acceptable enough for management. It needed to highlight my vocals but grab the attention of ARMYs. 

I went to my room, grabbing my journal out of the top drawer of my desk and climbing on top of my bunk. I began scrolling through my already written poems and passages looking for anything to inspire a song worth presenting. After an hour of writing lines, scratching out, scribbling over, and tossing onto the floor I get overwhelmed and give up. I throw myself back onto the bed in frustration looking up at the ceiling. As quick as I blink a wad of crumpled up paper bounces off of my face and back onto the floor. I sit up to see Yoongi standing in the doorway of the bedroom with his gummy smile and a breathy silent laugh at the sight of the paper hitting me in the face.