21. THINK BEFORE YOU SAY I'M SORRY

𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜

The week had started to go by in a blur. It took the jurors thirty-six hours to decide they couldn't decide. When they went before the judge, it was to let him know they were deadlocked. The judge declared a mistrial, and as much as Mikayla wanted a verdict of not guilty, she accepted it as a win. Cade surprised her but reminded her of the kind of man he was when he told her he would not pursue a second trial. To celebrate, he threw a party and Mikayla went and thoroughly enjoyed herself.

After her great night, she had an even greater morning when Kayden called and told her he had a surprise for her. He started her day by having a private chef fix her breakfast, and she informed her she'd also be making her lunch and dinner. Mikayla completed her meal and had a quick workout session before ending it with a swim.

Lunch was when things took an even better turn. Three women came over, who catered to her for hours in her spa. Her braids were taken out, and her natural hair was treated and styled in loose curls that came down to her bra before it was rolled. She was given a massage and mani-pedi that almost put her to sleep. The last thing was a session with a personal stylist that allowed her to pick out a week's worth of outfits for whatever Kayden had planned.

By the time the chef returned to fix dinner, Mikayla was seated comfortably in her favorite Balencia bronze chaise lounge chair, ready to go to sleep. She didn't think anything could top what Kayden had done... until he arrived. Mikayla was so relaxed her eyes were half shut. Once they settled on him, they opened fully.

"I'm not in the mood to be toyed with," Mikayla said, sitting up. "If you're not here for good, you need to go, Kayden."

With that sexy ass chuckle she'd fallen in love with, Kayden stuffed his hands into his pockets and slowly sauntered in her direction.

"I'm here for good. Can I stay?"

"Mhm," she agreed, lifting her arms for him. She'd been waiting two weeks to have him in her arms again.

Kayden didn't waste any time picking her up and wrapping her legs around him. He sat in the lounge chair, keeping her legs wrapped around him.

"You're feisty when you want to be."

"You ain't seen nothing yet."

After placing a soft kiss on her lips, Kayden told her, "I missed you."

"I missed you too. Thank you for today. It was so relaxing I was almost asleep."

"It's not over yet. We're going to have dinner, then head to the airport. That's why I told her to have you choose a lounge set to put on tonight."

Mikayla eyed him skeptically. "Where are we going?"

"Las Vegas, if you're willing. I know you have a thing about traveling, so if you don't want to, we don't have to, but I tried to make plans that would ensure your comfort. We'll be flying in a private jet, so you won't have to worry about crowds or sitting around for hours, and the hotel we're staying at is immaculate. The suite will have its kitchen and gym, so we won't have to leave the room for anything but shopping if you don't want to."

Her mouth hung open as she smiled.

"Where are we going?"

"The Bellagio."

She swatted his chest as she gasped. "Don't tell me you got the royal three-bedroom suite!"

"So you know it?"

"I do! I always said I'd go there to celebrate something really special. Fifty thousand a night is a pretty penny to spend just because."

"Well, I'm on that type of time, so get used to this kind of living if you're going to be with me."