Chapter 4

Every minute felt like hours as the elevator went from floor to floor finally reaching ground level, I just wanted to get out of here.

I passed people smiling few-said hello others just leered and walked off. In no time I was out the front of the hotel again looking down at the card mum gave me I followed her simple directions and in just a few minutes I was standing out side of the Dance Rent Room.

The place looked worn down the sign was peeling, the front door steps cracking and two windows on the left smashed.

“I guess it’ll have to do for now.” I say to myself. I push the door open revealing a rather clean room inside a counter was placed at the front and on the right side of it a hall way full of doors, I’m guessing those are the dance rooms.

“Hello how may I help you?” an old woman probably in her 60s stood patiently at the front counter.

“Um yes my mum booked a dance room for me here.” I say. She nods.

“First name?”

“Rachel.”

“Last name?”

“Fawnter.” She quickly punches in my name on the computer.

“Ah yes Rachel Fawnter here you are, room 12 on the left is yours.”

“Thank you.” I bow before walking off down the hall. Every door had faint music coming from inside, on either side of all the doors two windows stood vertically you could clearly see through them which was a bummer I hope no one stops and looks through my window as I can see a few other people who have just arrived do so.

But I couldn’t help but watch one group I saw, they were free stylers and good ones too 11 of them stood in their positions following their leaders moves, they we’re perfectly in sync and when they really got the beat turned up they we’re unstoppable, no move was a mistake. Halfway through the song they crowded around their leader cheering him on as he did back flips and head spins across the floor.

“Wow he’s good.” Taking a closer look at him I gasp. The boy I had met earlier was in the middle dancing freestyle like I had never seen before, how he got here before me I will never know.

“Good aren’t they.” I nearly jump out of my skin, I snap around to face the stranger. Standing in front of me was a girl round my age dark hair, brown eyes she spoke to me in Korean.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” I gulp.

“Its ok, who are these guys anyway.”

“That group in there are the West Side Vipers one of the greatest dance groups, they’ve won over 4 championships so far and are quite famous at their school.”

“And who’s that.” I say pointing at the leader, she giggles.

“That’s Kris their leader, he’s been dancing since he was a kid, he was the one that brought The West Side Vipers together and I see you’ve taken an interest in him.” She says wiggling her eyebrows.

“What! No I just wanted to know who he was.”

“Mhm that’s what they all say.” She giggles covering her hand with her mouth, I roll my eyes.

“I’m Jin-Kyong what’s your name?”

“Pleased to meet you my names Rachel.” She smiles baring her white teeth.

“So you have your own dance group too.” She states pointing at my top “Si..lve.r B..ea.ts.”  She slowly says, I giggle.

“Yeah Silver Beats but unfortunately their back in Australia.”