Rumors

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING In the cornflakesMaking it hard for us to think straight I just wanna go from hereClose my eyes and disappear

In the cornflakes
Making it hard for us to think straight
I just wanna go from here
Close my eyes and disappear

-dumb dumb, mazie

THIRD PERSON POV

Lizzie was startled and woken up by the sound of her phone ringing. It was 7 am school didn't start till 9. Who could be calling at this hour?

"Hello," she answered having a little attitude in her tone because she had just been woken up.

"Lizzie right?" The person on the other side of the phone said. It sounded like a girl's voice but it wasn't familiar.

"Uhh yea"

"I heard at summer camp you were sluting around" the person on the other side of the phone laughed before hanging up the phone.

Lizzie just stood there dumbfounded.

What the fuck just happened?

She hadn't even registered what the person had said. She was way too tired. She flopped back down on her bed and closed her eyes.

She closed her eyes for a second and realized what the person had said.

She jumped out of bed and started dialing Lydia's number.

Lydia was a rough sleeper, she could sleep through anything. Even a phone call from her best friend.

Lizzie rolled her eyes and tried to calm down. Maybe she heard the person wrong. There was no way. The whole summer she was at cheer camp.

She hadn't even been near any boys unless the coach counted. But the coach was crusty and old, she would never even dream about it.

Lizzie just decided she would start getting ready early. She wasn't going back to bed anytime soon.

She took a shower and did her routine and also her hair. She had straightened it the night before so it was easier to care for. She just left it down and she did her makeup. She finished it off with her vanilla bean lip gloss.

The best thing about the lip gloss was that it tasted exactly like vanilla ice cream.

The time was now 8:30 which was good because Lydia's mom would be picking her up any minute.

She grabbed her lunch off the counter her backpack and her cheer bag. She had practice right after school.

She heard the doorbell ring and she assumed it was Lydia picking her up.

She opened the door and Lydia immediately engulfed her into a hug.

She was taken back and hugged the girl back.

"Omg have you heard what people are saying about us" she said, she seemed sad.

"I mean we haven't been near any boys since like the end of 6th grade" she continued to ramble on as she walked me to the car.

"Hi, Mrs Smith" I waved to her as I sat down.

She waved back at me and Lydia continued to talk. "I can't believe they think were sluts" she whispered.

"We don't know that for sure, it could be like one irrelevant person"

"Yeah totally" she responded sarcastically.

We had finally made it to school. Lydia's mom stopped the car and we opened the doors.

"We should do like the first day step thing" Lydia suggested.

We both looked at each other and burst out into laughter.

"Nah," we both said at the same time as we hopped out of the car.

"I still can't get over the fact we're practically the hoes of the school, what if everyone is judging us right now," Lydia said as we walked.

We were walking pretty slowly because we were supposed to meet up with Heather and the other girls. It had been a tradition since the 3rd grade.

"Whenever I catch whoever spread that stupid rumor, I'm gonna beat their ass" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey guys," Becca said walking up to us.

"Oh hey Becca"

"So you know that rumor going around about you guys"

"Sadly yes" me and Lydia groaned

"It was Maya and Anna who spread it" she shrugged.

"The Maya and Anna" we looked confused.

"We were always so nice to them why would they spread a rumor like that" Lydia spoke up.

"Most likely because they're jealous, they spread one about Heather too, don't worry Dustin and Brandt have this really funny prank we're gonna pull on them" she laughed.

"Well how bad is it, I mean I don't wanna embarrass them or anything," I said.

"They embarrassed you guys come on don't be a pussy"

We both nodded and walked up to Heather and the other girls.

"Hey girls," Heather said giving us both a hug.

"Hi Heth" we laughed.

"This is Connie, she's new to the group so be nice"

"Hi," we waved.

She waved back, she seemed sweet.

"Wait that's Connie M" Lydia whispered in my ear. "Yea keep up" I laughed.

"She had a huge growth spurt," Lydia said.

I snorted.

"I and Lyds are gonna go check out homeroom, see you guys later"

"Bye," they waved.

As we walked we saw Maya and Anna. Weirdly they were staring at Connie's chest. We both made a face and walked off.