Chapter 7: Unwritten Tension

The rooftop café glimmered under the soft glow of string lights, creating a cozy atmosphere that made Ruka's heart race with excitement. She sat at a small, intimate table, feeling a mix of anticipation and nervousness as she awaited Junkyu's arrival. She had imagined this evening as a special moment just for the two of them, away from the pressures of their busy schedules.

As Junkyu walked in, Ruka's heart fluttered. He looked effortlessly charming, a warm smile lighting up his face when he spotted her. But as he approached, she noticed two familiar figures trailing behind him—Hyunsuk and Haruto.

"Surprise!" Haruto exclaimed, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "We thought we'd crash your little hangout!"

Ruka's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. She had envisioned a private conversation with Junkyu, not a group outing. She felt her hopes of an intimate evening slip away.

Junkyu's expression turned from delighted to slightly annoyed, and he shot Hyunsuk a glare. "Come on, guys. Can't you just let us have some time alone?"

Hyunsuk laughed, "Relax! We're just here to make sure you don't get too cozy!" He nudged Junkyu playfully, but Ruka sensed the underlying tension. She felt awkward, shifting in her seat as she tried to shake off her embarrassment.

Ruka kept her head down, fidgeting with her drink, while Junkyu gave a subtle signal for his friends to take the hint. "How about you guys sit over there? I promise I'll catch up with you later," he suggested, nodding toward an empty table across the café.

Hyunsuk and Haruto exchanged knowing glances, then grinned. "Alright, alright. We'll give you two some space. Have fun, you lovebirds!" With that, they strolled away, leaving Ruka and Junkyu to themselves.

"Sorry about that," Junkyu said, his voice softening as he settled into his seat across from her. "I didn't mean for them to come along."

Ruka's heart lightened as she looked up at him. "It's okay! I was just surprised, that's all," she replied, a shy smile forming on her lips.

"Let's order some food," Junkyu suggested, grabbing the menu. As they browsed the options, Ruka felt her nerves begin to fade, replaced by excitement at spending this time with him.

They placed their orders—delicious pastries and drinks—and soon, laughter filled the air as they shared stories and jokes. Ruka felt at ease, and every glance from Junkyu sent butterflies swirling in her stomach.

But just as their conversation flowed, the café door swung open, and in walked Yeonjun, accompanied by the rest of the TXT members. Ruka's stomach dropped at the sight of him. She had chosen to spend the night with Junkyu, and now the weight of her decision pressed heavily on her.

"Soobin, look! Isn't that Ruka?" Soobin pointed out, his voice carrying across the café.

Ruka's gaze locked with Yeonjun's, and she noticed the flicker of surprise cross his face, quickly replaced by a shadow of disappointment. Her heart ached; she had never intended to hurt him.

Yeonjun tried to mask his feelings, turning away slightly as he pretended to focus on his friends. But Ruka could see the tension in his shoulders, the way he held himself.

"Ruka, are you okay?" Junkyu asked, sensing her sudden change in demeanor.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she lied, forcing a smile. But her eyes drifted back to Yeonjun, who was now engaged in conversation with his group, seemingly trying to ignore her presence.

"Let's just enjoy our time," Junkyu encouraged, but Ruka could feel the weight of her guilt hanging in the air. She wanted to reach out to Yeonjun, to explain, but she also didn't want to ruin the moment with Junkyu.

As their food arrived, Ruka attempted to focus on Junkyu, who was animatedly describing his favorite dessert. "And the chocolate cake here is to die for!" he said, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.

"It sounds amazing! I love chocolate," Ruka replied, trying to divert her thoughts.

But her attention kept drifting back to Yeonjun, who was now avoiding her gaze. He was pretending to engage with his friends, but she could see the sadness in his eyes. The last thing she wanted was to make him feel unwanted.

"Do you want to go say hi?" Junkyu asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

Ruka hesitated, biting her lip. "I don't want to intrude..."

"It's your choice," Junkyu said softly. "But I'll support whatever you decide."

Feeling the pull of responsibility, Ruka took a deep breath and stood up. "I'll be right back," she said, trying to sound confident. She walked over to Yeonjun, who seemed to sense her approach and turned to face her.

"Hey, Yeonjun," she said, her voice tentative.

"Hey, Ruka," he replied, his tone flat.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry if you feel left out. I didn't mean for it to be like this," Ruka started, her heart racing.

Yeonjun shrugged, a hint of distance in his eyes. "It's fine. I'm just here with the guys. No big deal."

Ruka frowned, feeling her heart sink. "Really? I didn't want you to feel ignored. You're still my friend."

"Sure," he replied, though his expression remained unreadable. Ruka felt a knot form in her stomach.

"I hope you're having a good time," she added, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Yeah, whatever," Yeonjun muttered, glancing away. He was clearly trying to act indifferent, but Ruka could see through the facade.

Feeling defeated, Ruka took a step back, her heart heavy with regret. She turned away to return to Junkyu, catching one last glimpse of Yeonjun's forlorn expression before she walked back.

As she settled into her seat, Junkyu looked up, concern etched on his face. "Are you alright?"

"Yes.. Umm, or no," Ruka admitted, a sigh escaping her lips. "I feel like I just made things worse."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Junkyu offered gently.

Ruka shook her head, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes. "I just... I didn't mean to hurt him. I wish things were simpler."

Junkyu reached across the table, placing his hand over hers. "It's okay. Relationships are complicated, especially in this industry. Just take it one step at a time."

Ruka nodded, grateful for his understanding, but her thoughts remained clouded with guilt. As they resumed their conversation, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was caught in a web of conflicting emotions, unsure of where her heart truly belonged.