Chapter 8

November came to an end, and December began, classes came to an end in preparation for the holiday season, ghosts were singing carols around the halls, most of the student population packed for the return home for the holidays, only the children of the Houses of Black, Potter, and Weasley would remain.

With Erebus, and Draconis being the only ones at the Slytherin table they felt a certain someone push them aside to sit between them, her arms wrapped around their shoulders,

"How are my two favorite little cousins," Tonks said pulling the young heir of the house of black and the spare into her sides.

"Dora," the pair groaned.

"I figured I'd keep you two serpents company," said Tonks.

"A honey badger with two snakes, I feel scared," said Erebus.

"Relax kiddos, I'm not going to go honey badger mode on either of you, that's for those who try to bully my two favorite cousins," hissed Tonks.

"Is it alright for you to be over here?" asked Draconis.

"It's Christmas break if the professors have a problem then whatever, I'd rather get detention that sit all by my lonesome at Hufflepuff table," said Tonks.

"To bad they won't let us share a common room or any space," said Erebus.

"Yeah," said Tonks.

"But it's not that bad, we have seperate rooms at Grimauld Place, this is just a bigger version of that," said Tonks.

"Though, I'm sure someone would rather spend the winter break trying to get a certain lion girl to go out with him," Tonks said seeing Erebus throw a glance at Harrie who was at Gryffindor table playing chess with Ron Weasley.

Timeskip

Over the course of September Harrie and Erebus did what research they could on Nicholas Flamel, Erebus even sent a letter to his aunt asking if she knew anything about him, all she sent back was.

"You'll find out on Christmas," the letter said.

Harrie mentioned that Hermione did say to try the restricted section, and Erebus said, to avoid that until she had a decent way to get in, and that it was risky even by Gryffindor standards.

On Christmas day Erebus and Draconis woke up and headed to the empty common room, Erebus grabbed one of the packages and opened the not on it, "You asked if I knew anything on Nicolas Flamel, all the answers are in this gift, but if what Dumbledore is up to is what I think he is, be careful," the note said.

Erebus opened the gift and he pulled out a book, "history of Alchemy, the journey for immortality and eternal riches," Erebus said.

Erebus opened the book to the chapters and he found a chapter labeled Flamel and the Philosophers stone, Erebus turned to the chapter.

"The ultimate goal of any Alchemist was three fold, the creation of a panacea, the ability to transmute common metals into silver and gold, and the discovery of a universal solvent, the legendary Philosophers stone achieved two such goals, with the ability to produce the elixir of life, and to transmute any base metal into silver or gold, only one known alchemist was ever able to achieve this though, the legendary alchemist, Nicholas Flamel," Erebus read.

"This is it," Erebus said.

"I have to give this book to Harrie," Erebus said as he closed it.

Erebus tried his best to talk to Harrie, but she was surrounded by the Weasleys most of the day, and they would push him away, it got to point where Tonks almost stepped in and hexed Percy and Ron, so Erebus was unable to get the book to Harrie, he'd try again tomorrow.