Prologue

"This is no joke Lyle everyone's waiting and you know you can't keep the guest waiting right?" I sigh before nodding at my mum's words. I straightened my gown from any wrinkles and took in deep breath before heading out to the aisle, I was so nervous, I couldn't control my shaking hands as I felt all eyes on me. My dad was holding my hand as we walked down the aisle to give me to my soon to be husband.

Truth is I haven't even seen his face up to this very moment, I was marrying a complete stranger, I was too afraid to look up.Thoughts kept running through my head like what if he was ugly, what if he was old or cruel and that I can't believe I was getting married to whom I didn't even know their name .

My trail of thought were cut short as soon as my dad released my hand and gave it to my soon to be husband's, and that was when I looked up and I was shocked for all my assumption were wrong, he wasn't old nor was he ugly he was breath taking.He looked at me with his green eyes void of any emotion, I couldn't tell what he was thinking.The priest started with the ceremony which I definitely didn't pay attention to as another round of thoughts flooded my mind to the extent I got a slight headache.

Trying to recover I realized that all attention was on me and I blushed in embarrassment. The priest said "you're meant to say I do" he said with a gentle smiled placed on his lips. I cursed internally and replied "I do". LIE that was a big lie, I didn't want to be married to whom I didn't know or loved, I felt like crying. I hate my dad so much for doing this to me, he didn't even ask for my opinion, he literally sold me off. I cleared my throat as I felt a lump growing In it, I closed my eyes feeling them fill up with tears, I took deep breath as I tried calming myself.

All this while I was looking down even when we exchange rings, I couldn't face my misfortune..............Soon enough the wedding ceremony ended which I was grateful for, I quickly rushed to the bathroom and released all the emotion I bottled inside of me, it was too painful, I let out an uncontrollable sob as different kind of emotion swarmed through me.For God sake I was just clocking 18 and they have already forced me into some unfortunate marriage to someone I didn't know his name nor ever seen.

I stayed for few minutes before drying off my tears and adjusting my appearance. I quickly left the bathroom and headed to the hall that the wedding took place, I sighted my mom and I rushed to her.

"Mom" I said to grab her attention from the people she was talking with."What is it darling?'' my mom asked as she caressed my face.I leaned into her touch as a tear slid down my face."Oh darling don't cry everything has its purpose of taking place, let destiny do it's stuff okay"She pulled me in for a hug before she let go and said "I will miss you" as she kissed my forehead.

"Madam Cornell" we turned towards the voice and saw a man standing there wearing a black tuxedo and a white shirt beneath."Yes" my Mom replied "Mr... She trailed off looking at the unknown man "oh my name is Robert and I am the butler of the groom" he said with a little bow.I furrowed my brows at that, why did he have to bow, but I just disregarded it.

The man turned towards me and said "Mr. Alhandro wants to speak with you ma'm", I blinked at that already feeling a lump forming. "W-who?" Curse my self for stuttering, I cleared my throat and repeated "Who did you say?" the butler smiled "Mr. Alhandro the father of the groom" I almost choked on my own saliva "o-okay" he nodded and led me to where my husband's father was or should i say my in-law.

we got to a group of people and i saw my husband  talking to one of them, it looked like they were in a serious discussion. Robert cleared his throat to gain their attention, i blushed pro furiously because of the attention that was shifted to me. "Here she is sir" Robert said before giving a little curtsy and leaving.

"Oh, she is even prettier up-close" a man with a thick Italian accent said as he came up to me "not bad" he was too close and it was very intimidating i could already smell the alcohol on him and it made me cringe internally. i moved back and gave a slight bow to show my respect "Good day sir" i smiled as i looked behind him. i saw my husband whose name i still didn't know glaring at me.

why the hell is he staring at me like i'm some kind of impostor, if i had my way do you think i would have married you in the first place.
If looks could kill i would probably be six feet under by now.

"Indeed, she is" another said also having a thick Italian accent.

"I would advice you step away from the bride and let the groom escort her Richard" came a deep voice. I looked up and saw a man whom i suppose was my husband's father. he saw me staring at
him and he gave me a small smile that didn't reach his eyes. 

I walked up to him and bowed, he was tall, now i know where my supposed husband got his height from. "Mr. Alhandro" i said faking a smile"its nice to see you all grown up" i looked up confusingly "don't worry you will know more in the mean time" he whispered and gave me a small pat on my cheek.

I looked into his brown eyes and i saw an emotion i couldn't quite figure before it disappeared, i just ignored it not really caring about people emotions now, since no one cared about how i felt about any of this.
He turned to his son with a frown "Kaider aren't you going to take your wife to your home" he questioned emphasizing on the wife.

There was a little bit of sarcasm in his tone which I really didn't pay any mind to, cause not everyone liked me. What i really paid my attention to was the name he called, so that was his name.. at least his name sounded nice.

Kaider grumbled, which only I noticed, not really happy with the circumstance he found himself.

He walked up to me and offered me his hand, I hesitated but took it anyways, I really didn't want to know what the future holds, besides what is the worse that could happen.

I looked back and saw my parents talking to some elite family. I sigh, they really didn't care, did they? Tears brimmed my eyes for God knows how many times today.

I sniffed and turned back when I felt a harsh tug in my arm.
I furrowed my brows at the harsh treatment. " we need to leave" came the deep velvety voice of kaider, now that I think about it it's just now I heard him speak or should I say paid attention to him speak, his voice was clean and deep and it made me shiver.

I nodded not really having the energy to talk.
We walked towards a slick black limousine, and to say I was shocked was an understatement, how rich were this people!?
Someone cleared his throat and that snapped me out of my little trance.

I blinked and stepped into the limousine, I felt out of place and uncomfortable.
The car took off and to wherever it was meant to be, I looked at the street that slowly turned to grasses. It looked so nice and calming.

What does the future hold?, Does my future have at least a drop of happiness?, Will I ever  be happy? These were the questions swirling in my head. My trail of thoughts was cut short when the front door opened, I didn't even know when we got there.
I looked at the house and I was awe struck, words couldn't explain how beautiful and enormous the house was, no scratch that, the mansion was. I gulped, how many people lives here?, I thought.

We walked to the front door with Kaider's Butler and some maids carrying my luggage which i begged to take myself but was out right refused.
We walked Into the house and it felt like I was walking in a castle.

If only she knew what she walked into..