Setting in

I made my way up the stairs to get to my room. I was at a stand still the moment I reached the top, looking at the doors that led to Hannah's and Beths rooms. I left my bag at the top of the stairs and tried to go into Beths room first. The door was locked, so I ended up going to Hannah's next. My hand is on the knob and I was able to open the door but I stopped when the door cracked open a tiny bit, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before opening the door more wider, when I did I opened my eyes to see no one. I'm not surprised but disappointed still. I was hoping to see Beth and Hannah hanging out with each other like they used to and that I would be invited in on what they were doing. I closed the door behind me and sat on the foot of Hannah's bed, clamping my hands over my mouth as my heart ached from all of the memories of the twins. I wrapped my arms around myself tightly, clenching my teeth as tears spilled on my cheeks. I ran my fingers through my hair and held onto my locks tightly as I sobbed, rocking myself back and forth. Are they really gone? I know it's been a year all ready, but there is still hope, right? I don't care what the police says, there has to be a chance they'll find their way back home soon. At least I hope the will.

. . . I want my sisters! Where are they?

I curled up on the bed, hugging one of the pillows and stayed there until I wasn't able to cry anymore and silently went to my room.

    Upon entering my room, my foot kicked something. I looked down and saw a totem.

How did this get in my room?

I picked it up to turn it around to see a red butterfly on it. There is a board somewhere outside that says the meaning of the colors. If I remember correctly, red means danger. Is this some prank that the others are pulling on me? I looked into the butterfly and felt strange, like I was being pulled in; my surroundings were then suddenly different, I was out in the snow with Mononoke. I'm shining my flash light at some boney tall creature. When the light shines on it's face that's when the creature lunged at me with a screech. I jumped back with a scream, dropping the totem, staring at it, hyperventilating with panic.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

My shaky hand raised up to my face to touch where one of my scar's is. All of my scars started burning after what I saw.

             "Claire!" Sam called.

I turned around to see Sam, and soon after, Josh. Josh came up to me and held me by my shoulders.

             "What happened? Are you hurt?" He asks.

I pointed at the totem on the ground. Josh went over to pick it up and looked back at me.

              "This scared you?" He asked.

I nodded. I feel silly now, but I'm still frightened. I've gone completely pale. Josh then looked at the butterfly, I reached my arms up at him and shook my head, trying to warn him not to look in it. He looked at it but nothing happened, he looked at me again.

What?

Sam then put an arm around me to comfort me.

            "Just sit down. Okay?" She told me.

She sat me on the bed and kneeled down, placing a hand on my cheek as she gazed at me in concern.

               "Maybe being here is too much on you. Should we call your parents to get you?" She said.

I shook my head at the suggestion. It was the trauma. My mind played a trick on me. That wasn't real.

             "Claire, it's okay if you don't want to be here." Josh said.

I still shook my head. Sam stood back up and patted the top of my head before walking out.

               "I'll get this out of here." Josh pointed at the totem.

He leaves the room with Sam, shutting the door behind them. I placed my hands on my face with a heavy sigh, letting myself fall backward on the bed. Mononoke jumped on the bed with me to check on me, I placed my hands on her to pet her.

I can do this. I can get through this trip.