TWELVE

MILAN - PRESENT DAY

Sienna stepped out of the sleek, black chauffeured car with the kind of fluid grace that turned heads

Sienna stepped out of the sleek, black chauffeured car with the kind of fluid grace that turned heads. She moved like someone who was born into this life—luxury cars, high-end restaurants, the world watching her every move. Her designer sunglasses, dark and bold, shielded her from the fading light of the Milan sunset, casting an air of mystery around her. The last rays of the day kissed the skyline, painting the city in hues of amber and gold, but it was the sharp edges of her tailored black ensemble that stole attention. Chic and powerful, her outfit screamed understated wealth, yet it was the casual elegance in the way she wore it that left an impression.

Bucky, ever the duty driven bodyguard, had already closed his own door and fallen into his habitual routine, eyes scanning their surroundings like a predator assessing his domain. There was no need for him to open her door this time. Instead, Steve Rogers appeared by her side, offering her a polite nod as he held it open, his presence as steady as ever. His silent greeting carried a sense of familiarity, something she could rely on in a world where trust was a rare currency. Wanda followed beside her, her red curls bouncing lightly as she echoed a quiet hello, the sound almost lost beneath the soft click of their heels against the cobblestones.

They moved as a unit, toward the entrance of the restaurant that oozed opulence, the kind of place where only the wealthiest could afford to dine. The outdoor area was a modern marvel—glass panels and sleek lines showcasing a world where privacy and spectacle collided. Inside, Tony Stark was already in his element, commanding the attention of the room with a story that was no doubt being embellished for effect. His hands moved with flair, punctuating his words, and the people around him ate it up, laughing on cue, caught in the charm of his performance.

It was Pepper Potts who first spotted them through the glass. She stood like a queen beside Tony, calm, composed, her elegance only heightened by the soft flicker of candlelight from the tables around her. There was an unspoken understanding in the way she rested her hand lightly on Tony's arm, her whisper breaking through his speech. His movements stilled for a moment, a flicker of something—perhaps surprise or amusement—crossing his features as his gaze followed Pepper's silent cue toward the entrance.

Sienna's heart gave a slight tug, a familiar mixture of annoyance and affection settling in her chest as she watched her brother. Tony was always the center of attention, always larger than life, but here, outside, she felt the sharp awareness of another set of eyes. Bucky's quiet but constant presence was something she hadn't quite gotten used to. His gaze never wavered from the crowd, from her. He was a protector, yes, but there was something more...

Sienna saw the exact moment recognition bloomed across her brother's face. His trademark grin—broad, charming, and entirely too pleased with himself—lit up his features as he clapped his hands together once in exaggerated delight. Even with his sunglasses still perched on his nose, the glint of mischief was unmistakable. Tony Stark had an energy that radiated, impossible to ignore, and he never wasted an opportunity to command a room.