Prompts

Before you choose your prompt as the main idea for your story, there are four different ways out of the Circus of the Damned

Before you choose your prompt as the main idea for your story, there are four different ways out of the Circus of the Damned. You must choose one path from the options below.

Step 1: Choose one of the four ways to begin.

Step 2: Select your prompt, write the story and submit your entry.

The Haunted Forest Maze: Each leaf of a tree and sapling has dark energies here. A place which has succumbed to evil forces and mysteries. Every ounce of this forest unveils a new adventure, horror and thrill, like a never ending maze.

The Icy Abyss: Spine chilling and everything freezing ties to this haunted path, where the cold will devour your souls and turn your blood into ice stone as you go deeper. The snow hides various monsters and ghosts which will question your living.

The Desert of the Forgotten: This vast desert is like the sky, impossible to reach and get through. The time will be ticking away those like that of an hourglass. More dangerous things than the sand storm awaits for you. The illusions in this place will sweep you off your feet making you want to run.

The Space Void: Spaceships, astronauts, planets and meteorites, everything seems possessed here. Be careful, for the non living things might be having life here. Unknown theories, supernatural monsters reign this path for they only want human energies to feed on.

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

Check out these awesome prompts from participating profiles that will inspire the main ideas for your story

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

ZombieHorde

You came to the circus for a laugh, to watch the clowns. Everyone loves to laugh, right? But when a horde of zombies shuffled onto the stage, faces smeared with clown makeup, laughter turned to screams. You had no choice but to bolt, crashing through one of the circus doors into the unknown. But guess what? They followed...

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

Retold

You knew the name—Circus of the Damned—but never thought passing through its gates would trap you in the land of the dead. The flickering lights reveal Hades, watching as chains rise from the ground, wrapping around you. 'Welcome to your final act,' he whispers. In this circus, escape isn't an option—you're now part of his eternal show.

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

Multicultural-Community

Across continents and cultures, legends whisper of a circus that appears without warning. Beneath its rotting tents, creatures from every dark myth, forgotten legend and stories of your ancestors come to life. You never thought you'd encounter one. Tell us... how did you survive?

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

The-Fairytales

In the Circus of the Damned, fairy tales are twisted into nightmares. The puppet master pulls the strings, turning heroes into beasts and princesses into hollow dolls. Wolves lurk in the shadows, and witches laugh from high above. Now, you're trapped in their cursed show, just another puppet in this endless, dark performance. There's no escape—only the terror of what's to come.

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

Whatif-Verse

The clock has struck and you fear for your sanity. When all is lost and your doom looms, you discover something unique about yourself. What is it and how will it help you escape your likely death?

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

Talesofscales

Along one of your chosen paths, you find a scale of a dragon. You were warned that a ravenous dragon lurks within the depths of one of the paths and you were unlucky to find it. You aren't sure what the purpose of the scale is but you better figure it out quickly because the dragon is hunting it's next meal and that next meal might be you.

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

TheCatsOfTheClans

You are a warrior and have always remained loyal to your Clan, never straying too far or getting too close to Twolegs but when you are somehow invited to the Circus of the Damned, your task becomes something marvelous. What is it?

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

VibesofCelebration

Every year on Halloween, a little town known for its tradition of creating Jack O'Lanterns faces dark magic when the Halloween party is overtaken by the cursed 'Blue Light.' Will this year's Halloween be an amazing celebration or be drowned by the evil light?

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

QuickFantasy

You come to know that your mate is trapped in the circus of the damned. You being an alpha of your pack want to save them. Why is your mate trapped and what lengths will you go to save them?

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

TheFoodCatalogue

As you ventured down the challenging path, your stomach began to growl. You recalled that the circus had offered complimentary green popcorn when you entered for the adventure. After eating it, everything started to feel strange.

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

NewlyWrittenBooks

Beyond the vast thunderstorm of icicles lies a world guarded by frozen cyclops. Entrance is only by invite, yet the paparazzi always find a way to flout the signs.

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

ChallengeCorner

You enter the Crazy Mirror Maze, laughing at the funny reflections of yourself. The short fat one, the tall skinny one. Then the next one, you look boringly normal... until the Grim Reaper appears just behind your right shoulder...

─────────── ⋆ ⋅ ☆ ⋅ ⋆ ───────────

HighFantasy

You are invited to a ball of the Circus of the Damned, where as one of the damned you have a chance to redeem your soul if you find the demon who stole it among the masked devils. However, the ball has its rules: don't let yourself get drawn into the dance or you'll get lost, don't eat or drink anything offered, and most importantly, you have to make it by 6 AM. Will you make it or will you end up in eternal flames? Be careful and don't get fooled, among demons, nothing is as it seems.