The Wedding Night: A Tale of Desires Unspoken

October 10, 2015

As the evening approached, Aryan and Asmita found themselves eagerly awaiting their father's arrival. Their hearts raced with anticipation, but also with a hint of anxiety, as their phones remained silent and their father remained absent. Frustrated, they decided to dine together, savoring the sumptuous meal Asmita had prepared, when the doorbell rang.

Aryan hurried to the entrance, his pulse quickening as he opened the door to reveal his father, emerging from a sleek black car. The windows had been tinted, concealing whatever secrets lay within. As the engine purred to a halt, a mysterious figure stepped out, her beauty stunning Aryan into silence.

It was Jharna, a breathtaking vision in a traditional Nepali wedding dress, her red sari and blouse hugging her curves with luscious allure. Gold and diamond adorned her body, a testament to her newfound status as Mrs. Poudel. Her eyes glistened with hope, but the joy on her face faded as Aryan's icy glare met her own.

"Aryan, my dear," Mr. Poudel began, his voice filled with warmth, "I'd like you to meet Jharna, your new mother."

Aryan's eyes widened with shock, and he could feel the anger burning within him. "What the hell is this, Father?" he spat, his voice dripping with venom.

Jharna's face fell, her eyes filling with tears as she realized the cold reception she was receiving. "I-I thought you would be happy to see me," she stammered, her voice trembling with sadness.

Despite her youth, the 22-year-old Jharna had been aware of the challenges that awaited her as a stepmother to Mr. Poudel's children. She had hoped, however, that they would grow to love her as she was young and full of life, much like them.

As Mr. Poudel tried to calm his son down, Aryan's anger only grew. "How could you do this to us, Father?" he demanded, his voice shaking with emotion. "How could you replace our mother with this... this stranger?"

Jharna's eyes filled with tears as she listened to Aryan's words, her heart aching with the sting of rejection. Tears streamed down her face, her makeup smearing as she stood there, vulnerable yet alluring, her moustache barely concealed by her red-stained lips.

Anita, the eldest daughter, arrived just in time to witness the tense scene. Her eyes narrowed as she took in Jharna, her mind filled with jealousy and contempt. Though her marriage had separated her from the family, she still held a grudge against Aryan and Asmita's late mother.

"I see you've met Jharna, Aryan," Anita said coolly, her voice tinged with sarcasm. "I must say, I had a hand in this union. I thought it was time for Father to move on."

Aryan glared at his sister, his anger boiling over. "You had no right to interfere in our lives, Anita!" he shouted, his voice echoing through the room. A wave of disbelief washed over Mr. Poudel as he observed the chaos unfolding before him. Asmita, abandoning her meal, retreated to her sanctuary, while Aryan and Anita continued their heated exchange. Enough was enough, Mr. Poudel bellowed, attempting to restore order.

Jharna, still as a statue, tears streaming down her cheeks, struggled to regain her composure. "I-I thought this would be a happy moment for us," she whispered, her voice trembling.

Overwhelmed, Aryan, barely fifteen, couldn't bear his father's wrath. He, too, fled to his chamber, eyes brimming with tears. Anita, sensing her cue, approached Jharna, offering comfort and understanding.

"Don't worry, Jharna, they'll come around," Anita assured her, her voice soothing. As she consoled her new stepmother, she received a call from her spouse, waiting outside the gate.

"I need to leave now," Anita whispered, her voice laced with calm. "Rest assured, I will return tomorrow morning. Until then, don't distress." She embraced her father and Jharna, whispering a tender goodnight before disappearing into the night.