I'm Not Sure If It Matters

You sat on the couch, re-watching old shows and waiting for your husband, Patrick, to come home.

Usually he comes home late, drunk. When he does come home you two argue about his drinking.

After a few minutes he stumbles into the house. "Well, look who decided to show up." You say and get up to heat the leftover dinner you made him. "I didn't have to but I did because I know I keep you sane." He shot back.

"Oh, ouch." You said sarcastically. "Plus, I needed a maid." He adds. "Oh, so I'm just here to basically wipe your ass for you?" You say irritated. "Basically." He replies and you give him his food.

You go to your room and lock the door. It's been like this for the last few months and honestly, you're fed up. You start packing a bag when Patrick bursts into the room. "What do you think you're doing?" He says and grits his teeth.

"What I should've done a long time ago." You say and don't bother to look at him. "You're not leaving." He orders. "Yes I am." You correct. He steps up to you. "You're not going anywhere." He orders again.

Without saying anything you throw clothes into a bag which Patrick takes out of the bag. "Patrick, what did I tell you yesterday?" You ask nervously. He shakes his head and scrunches his face. "I don't know." He says and looks on the floor.

"Of course you wouldn't, the biggest freaking thing that could happen, you don't remember?" You say on the brink of tears. "No." He says and looks ashamed. "Well, sober up and I'll tell you one more time." You shoot at him with confidence.

Patrick angrily walks out of the room and you throw the bag on the floor. You burst out into tears.

Two weeks ago you took a pregnancy test which, to your surprise, came out positive. You tried to tell Patrick, but he wasn't actually sober enough for you to decide to tell him.

You fell asleep, on the floor eventually in your tears.

*******

"Y/N...?" You heard and woke up with a startle. Patrick was looking at you. "What?" You say and rub your head. "Y-you fell asleep... On the floor." He said and was for once, actually being comforting.

"Patrick do you remember now?" You ask. "Remember what?" He said with confusion. You laughed and threw your head back. "You probably don't care." You say and a tear streams down your face. "What is it?" He asks.

"Patrick I'm pregnant! I've told you once now and you promised you'll sober up, but no! You came back last night, drunk again." You remind him as tears continue to stream down your face.

"Y/N... I-I'm so sorry." He said and wiped your tears. "You always say that, nothing changes." You say and hug your knees to your chest. "Y/N I'll try, I promise I will... I promise." He assured as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I really hope you try Patrick. I really do." You say and kissed his cheek.

"I wish I would be able to see that." You say and stand up.

"Y/N?" He says curiously.

"Goodbye Patrick, I love you."

A/N- I'm sorry this is so sad :( but I hope you enjoyed reading! Thanks for doing so! <3 -Lexi