Chapter 3: A Troubling Night

As days turned into weeks, Hyu felt increasingly trapped in her own life. Joon's stalking escalated, manifesting in more unsettling ways. He would show up unexpectedly, watching her from afar or sending cryptic messages late at night. Each notification on her phone sent chills down her spine, and the once vibrant world around her dulled to shades of gray.

One evening, Hyu found herself huddled in her room, surrounded by textbooks that no longer held her attention. She glanced at the clock—it was nearly midnight. Her family was asleep, and the quiet of the house felt oppressive. In an attempt to distract herself, she picked up a horror novel, hoping to immerse herself in a world of fiction that would take her mind off her reality.

The story was gripping, filled with supernatural elements and psychological twists, but just as she reached a tense moment, her phone buzzed, breaking the spell. It was a message from Joon: "I miss you, Hyu. We're meant to be together."
Her heart raced, and she quickly deleved the ravage, but it felt as though his words were etched

Her heart raced, and she quickly deleted the message, but it felt as though his words were etched into her mind. With trembling hands, she locked her phone and tried to refocus on the book, but the shadows in her room seemed to deepen, taking on forms that mirrored her fears.

Just then, Daehyun, her younger brother, knocked on the door.

-Unnie, can I come in? His voice was small, laced with sleepiness.

-Of course, she replied, relieved to have some company. He entered, his hair tousled and eyes half-closed, bringing a sense of warmth with him.

-Are you okay? You seem... tense, he said, climbing onto her bed.

-Just a bit stressed with school, you know? It's that time of year, she lied, offering him a reassuring smile.

-Do you want to watch a movie or something? I could use a distraction too, he suggested, brightening up at the idea.

Hyu felt a wave of gratitude for her little brother.

-That sounds perfect. Let's find something scary, she said, her heart lightening as they settled in front of the TV. The familiar sound of their laughter filled the room, temporarily pushing away the shadows that had been suffocating her.