Chapter 12

*Dan's P.O.V*
We used to share everything then. I thought that we had always been very open, even from the early days of dating through Skype. However, as the years passed our lives became increasingly connected, sharing with each other seemed more natural than not. There were a few topics that were off limit, like ex girlfriends or boyfriends or that time that my brother walked in on me giving Phil a blowjob. But now I felt like everything was off limit, especially Jack.

Neither me or Phil brought up our conversation from the night we argued but I managed to persuade him to let me walk him to the train station to go and stay with his parents. He was too mad to even stay in the same room as me that night as I sobbed so loudly into his pillow I swear I cracked the sky. Today he led me through the station, hand on my arm so we wouldn't get separated and I guess it was like a reflex thing for him. Even though Phil couldn't even look me in the face for cheating, he probably didn't realise he was still giving me the casual touches and anxious glances that showed me that deep down he might still care. He might.

I really hated the thought of leaving and I knew there was no telling when me and Phil would be face to face again. Even though it was all my fault I know I'm going to miss his stupid hand on my arm and the stupid way Phil had held me on his bed as soon as I couldn't have it. The moment the touch was gone I knew I was going to miss it.

The train was only a few metres away and other people were boarding, saying quick goodbyes. I didn't know how to say goodbye to Phil. I didn't know the words that I needed to say but I feel like they're going to be my last ones. At least for a while.