Chapter 2

*Phil's P.O.V*

I walked down the darkened path, stumbling slightly with my hands over Dans eyes, guiding him as we go. We must have been packing for longer than either of us thought because it had turned to night time by now and the sky was illuminated by the moon. I felt the hair on my arms prick upright as it was chilly without a jacket.

"Seriously Phil, where are you taking me?" Dan asked giggling slightly, sounding confused and slightly irritated that he had no idea where he was. "ssshh you, four years together and you still don't trust me?" I asked with a smirk "you know I do" Dan chuckled and I leaned forward to kiss his cheek where it collapses into a dimple. "good".

I guide us both around a corner to reveal an opening to a small park surrounded by trees that cast large shadows across the overgrown grass. You can hear the trickle of a small stream in the distance behind the grass covered hill. I take my hands away from Dan's face carefully brushing his fringe out of his brown eyes. They shine from the light of the moon I can't help but smile at him. He's really fucking beautiful sometimes.

Dan let out a small laugh, walking forward slowly taking in his surroundings. He stays quiet, was this a stupid idea? What if he doesn't like it? I think to myself and bite my lip hard, full of regret. Dan turns to me "Phil this is perfect" he grins and suddenly rushed to hug me and I blush a pleasant suprise. Dropping the blanket I was carrying I squeeze Dan back, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck and wrapping my arms around his waist. I smelled his expensive aftershave, taking deep breaths and smiling. We stayed like that for a while just enjoying the hug in comfortable silence and I pull back first.

"Come on you" I smile, pick up the blanket and take Dans hand in my own. We walk through the park till I find a gap in the trees revealing a large constellation of stars, burning miles away.

I let go of Dans cold hand and spread out the blanket across the grass. I lie down and look up at the the stars again, patting the space next to me to encouraging Dan to lie down also. He lies down, obediently snuggling into me and I chuckle at him as he blushes. "I love it here, how did you find it?" Dan asks after we lay there for a while. He glances up at me with one arm draped across my chest and smiles innocently "I used to come here a lot when I was younger, clear my head and stuff you know? I've always loved the stars; they're so beautiful" I say and look down at Dan bringing our faces close "but never as beautiful as you" I whispered almost inaudible and I knew it was the cringiest line in the book but I didn't care. Dan just laughed with a snort at my pathetic pick up line and pushed himself up on his elbows to face me. "I love you so much Phil You know that?" he beams at me and starts connecting our lips. I kiss back, running a hand through the back of his hair pushing our faces impossibly closer together. We move our lips in unison and i feel Dan smile into the kiss before I move away breathless and smile for the hundredth time tonight.

I kiss Dans forehead and he lies his head back my chest. We were both cold and I could feel Dan shaking ever so slightly, even though I knew he wouldn't admit to being cold. So I proceed wrap us both in the blanket we were spread across and hold my arms around him like holding a baby. I sing softly, adverting my gaze to the sky again "if these sheets were the states and you were miles away, id fold them end over end to bring you closer to me" I feel Dan grin on my chest, recognising the song and singing along with me gently "because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me, I'll settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again"

I sing the whole song from start to finish, remembering the lyrics perfectly and it's not till I had finished the song that I noticed Dan had stopped singing our stupid duet and had fallen asleep. I look down and see that he's dribbled on my new shirt too. Great. I roll my eyes and pick him up, carrying him bridal style still sleeping. He's long and lanky so I struggle to carry him awkwardly but begin the luckily short walk home.

We arrive and all the lights appear to be off in the house. Mom and Dad must have gone to bed early and it's not even ten o'clock yet. I stumble up the stairs in the dark still carrying Dan clumsily. I'm surprised he's still asleep as I nearly dropped him every few steps on the way here. I waddle up the stairs and curse under my breath because my arms ache and It doesn't shock me as I haven't lifted a weight since I was about nine.

It takes me a good five minutes to open my bedroom door in the dark and I carefully I lie Dan down on my bed and start undressing him. Taking of his shoes and socks one at a time. He lets out a small snore and I hold my hand across my mouth in an attempt to muffle my laughter. He would usually look kinda hot you know, lying across my bed in just his underwear but he's still dribbling and his breaths are heavy with his head lolled to one side. I take off my own shoes and jacket and climb into the unmade bed next to him, draping an arm across his front.

"I really will miss you Dan" I sigh with a sad realisation and listen to Dan's steady and slow breathing. They relax me and I close my eyes and fall into peaceful slumber.