Chapter 4

Pandya residence:

As virat entered their mansion, his two brothers pounced upon him, eagerly enquiring about his evening out with Rohit.

"How was your date? Spill the beans, brother!" asked shubman, eyes sparkling with teasy glint.

Hardik watched shubman's antics with done face. "Shub that's enough! He must be exhausted!"

Virat glanced at harry, as if thanking him. His limbs felt exhausted and drained from all the interplay.

The twins exchanged a mischievous glance, slowly inched near to virat, settled either side of him. Hardik gently grasped vi's right hand and rubbed his cold palm.

"Toh, kaha gaye the?" quired in virat's ear, to which virat groaned.

"Seriously! What did I even expect?" he asked in exasperation.

Shubman leaned in, a cheeky grin spreading across his face, "Did Rohit sweep you off your feet? Or backed off by your cold shoulder like others"

The twins again exchanged a knowing glance. Virat snapped open his eyes, shook his head "you two are impossible! But...he surprised me."

Shubman grinned ear to ear, "seeing the beautiful bouquet, I must say he is romantic!"

"Originality at its finest!" harry rolled his eyes.

Virat, ever so observant frowned at the shubman's eagerness and harry's dismissive behaviour about the situation, just to taste the water he said:

"We went to a high-end restaurant, nothing much"

Shub's eyes widened in surprise, "what! This is not what we heard of?"his voice laced with suspicions.

Hardik, facepalmed internally for uttering absolute nonsense. 'he is a broadcast channel'

However Virat's expression remained unreadable, "that's enough, n-" he was cut off by sudden screech.

"You can't give me detention!" said shubman, no whined.

"I would not do such things!, now off to bed both of you!" Virat said ascending the stairs. The evening memories swirled in his mind -'he did his homework'

In his room, virat settled into his cozy bed, and uneasiness lingered in his heart. But he shrugged off the thought and drifted off to sleep.

****

Meanwhile downstairs:

Hardik cringed inwardly as his words hung in the air. "Shubman, your broadcasting skills are, surely spectacular!" sarcasm dripping from his voice.

Shubman raised an eyebrow "spectacular! That's all you have, twinnie!"

Hardik hissed at the slang, he playfully slapped shubman's head saying, "Seriously! Can't keep that mouth shut, can you?"

Shubman rubbed the sore spot adopting a sarcastic tone "oh sorry"

"Can't you be mindful for goodness' sake!" harry exclaimed.

Shubman shamelessly shook his head, a sly grin spreading across his chiseled features, "I'm just following your footsteps twinnie!"

Harry narrowed his gaze, "my footsteps, I don't remember being complete git!"

"You are! But you just don't know yet!" shubman chuckled.

"Did you just call your brother a git?" asked harry in utter disbelief.

Shubman shook his head, unfazed, "brother, I don't see one"

Harry playfully rolled his eyes, "you are disrespectful! I'm older by 7 minutes!"