𝐓𝐄𝐍

ATLAS LOVED BEING IN THE SPOTLIGHT. They were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke, so of course everybody treated them as if they'd won the Olympics. According to camp tradition, the four wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in their honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where they got to burn the burial shrouds their cabins had made for them in their absence. Annabeth's shroud was so beautiful—gray silk with embroidered owls—Percy told her it seemed a shame not to bury her in it. She punched him and told him to shut up.Being the son of Poseidon, Percy didn't have any cabin mates, so the Ares cabin had volunteered to make his  shroud.

 They'd taken an old bed sheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle. It was fun to burn. The Apollo cabin volunteered to make Atlas's. It was golden silk and embroidered with sun patterns as well as stars. Atlas absolutely refused to let it be burnt as he wasn't dead anyways. As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores.

 Percy and Atlas were surrounded by their old Hermes cabin mates, Annabeth's siblings from Athena, and Grover's satyr buddies, who were admiring the brand new searcher's license he'd received from the Council of Cloven Elders. The council had called Grover's performance on the quest "Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past."

The only ones not in a party mood were Clarisse and her cabin mates, whose poisonous looks told Atlas they'd never forgive him and Percy for disgracing their dad. That was okay with Atlas, They needed a reality check. Even Dionysus's welcome-home speech wasn't enough to dampen Atlas's spirits. "Yes, yes, so the little brat didn't get himself killed and now he'll have an even bigger head. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday. . . ." Percy had moved back into cabin three. 

Atlas bid the boy goodnight as he began to make his way to the Hermes cabin. "Atlas." A voice said from the edge of the woods, Atlas turned and Luke was standing there with a glare aimed at him. "Luke." Atlas said as he approached the older boy, "You failed." Luke said with a sneer. "You were supposed to make sure Kronos got the bolt and Jackson." He said as he stepped closer to Atlas. "I didn't fail, I just didn't want to. I'm not playing second fiddle to you anymore, Castellan. Percy's my friend and if you want him dead kill him your damn self, I'm not a servant." Atlas said as he stepped forward as well.

"And I'm going to tell Chiron and Mr. D all about your little plan and after that, You're done, Castellan. Done." He said as Luke snarled and pinned him to the ground. "You're not going to say a word you fucking traitor or I will take backbiter and slice you to bits." Luke threatened as Atlas's eyes widened "And don't forget I know what you are, Vasileo. Unless you want that getting out I'd keep my mouth shut." Luke spat at him.

Atlas's eyes widened as he shook his head "You wouldn't." He said in disbelief. "I would, Let's see how much Percy likes you once he finds out you have a crush on him." Luke says as Atlas felt his heartbeat speed up "He'd hate me, I'll stay quiet. Just please don't say anything." Atlas pleaded as Luke stood up. "Sweet Dreams." He said mockingly as he walked across the green into the Hermes cabin.

Atlas scrambled to his feet and looked at the closed Hermes cabin door for a while. He didn't want to go in there, not after what he'd heard. He began to hyperventilate and began to feel sweaty and cold. He hadn't felt this scared in a long long time. He turned and ran. His ears began to ring and his head was pounding. He ran onto the beach and collapsed on the sand as the hyperventilating didn't let up.

He tried to blink the tears out of his eyes as he crawled over to the water. "Mom." He croaked as he tried to get his breathing under control. "Please." He muttered as he put a hand in the water. "Atlas?" A voice spoke behind him and he turned around to see none other than Percy Jackson standing there. "Percy? What? What are you doing here?" Atlas stammered as he wiped his eyes. Percy walked over to him, "I could see you through the window in cabin three." He said as Atlas nodded.