Sore looser

"Ok, the first one to drop their ball wins" Hoppy announced as she readied her ball. 

"You're on!" Kickin agreed as he stretched out his leg before the two started their match. 

The group had decided that today would be a sports day for them, and for this game, it would be who could keep their ball from dropping to the floor the longest. 

The match between Kickin and Hoppy lasted for a good amount of time, but in the end, it was Kickin who ended up coming out victorious. 

"Kickin wins!" Bubba declared as he saw the rabbit ball drop, not long before she came crashing down also, breathing ragged. 

"Man...how can you do that," Hoppy asked as she regained her breath, watching as the chicken was also quite breathless, but he was still going, ever determined. 

"You go too...fast at the start...gotta keep a slow...smooth rhythm" Kickin answered Waverly, trying to keep all attention on his ball. 

"Yeah yeah" Hoppy eye-rolled as she regained her composure, only to swipe the chicken's ball from him. 

"Aww, come on...I almost got my highest score!" Kickin heaved as he bent over, placing his hands on his knees and head down to gain more breath, partly thankful that the rabbit did what she did. 

"We'll be here all day if we let ya, come on, it's time for the others to play," Hoppy said as the others gave her a thankful look.

But they wouldn't have a chance to as an unfamiliar voice announced its presence. 

"Ha! You think that was actually impressive" the strange voice mocked behind them.  

"Huh?" they uttered with confusion.

Only to see that a bright black and yellow frog critter come from the shadows, face full of pride and judgement. 

"I could do twice that amount while sleeping and balancing off a mountain!" the critter revealed arrogantly, giving the rabbit and chicken pitying looks. 

"Oh is that so?" Hoppy asked, not liking this kid's attitude or the way he was looking at them.  

"Yep," The frog continued, his smile still present and seemed to somehow be getting larger. 

"Go ahead then" the fast critter challenged. 

The smile twinged, not expecting her to actually doubt his claim.

"W, well I would, but I don't want to show you up in front of your friends, plus we're not near any mountains and I'm not tired" the frog excused himself waveringly, no longer as confident although he was desperately trying to make it seem.

"Riiiiiight" Kickin drawled, joining the rabbit on the doubt train. 

"Well why don't we find some and wait, then we can see who gets showed up," Hoppy asked, grinning like the flames of danger didn't wave behind her. 

"Hey, no need to get so heated up" Dog Day stated as he quickly joined the three, seeing the dangerous glimmer in the rabbit's eye and didn't want things to escalate more than they probably had already. 

"What's your name?" Bobby asked as Dog Day managed Hoppy.

"Names Icky Licky" the frog announced with pride. 

"pffft" Kickin let out despite how hard he tried holding his tongue and beak shut. 

"Kickin!" Dog Day groaned with a scolding tone. 

"What? Is that actually your name!?" Kickin asked, if he was in trouble, might as well double down.

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?!" Icky asked heatedly.