part two

The words hung in the air between them, heavy and electric, the flames of the fire casting flickering shadows across the stone walls. Y/N's breath hitched, feeling the pull of Tom's presence, the intoxicating weight of his obsession almost unbearable. But within that weight, there was also an undeniable allure—an impossible temptation to step forward, to fall into the abyss of whatever he was offering.
"I'm not afraid," she said, the words leaving her lips before she fully understood their meaning. Her voice trembled slightly, but there was a fierce determination burning beneath the surface. Perhaps it was a lie—a false bravado to mask the pounding in her chest—but she refused to show him any weakness.
Tom's lips curled into a smile, though it was devoid of warmth. "Good," he whispered, his voice a soft hiss of approval. "Fear is for the weak. And you..." He paused, his eyes raking over her as though she was something to be devoured, a dark hunger glinting behind his gaze. "You are far from weak."
He closed the space between them, the air around them growing colder with every step. The sound of her heartbeat echoed in her ears, each thud reverberating through her entire body. His pale hand reached up, brushing a strand of hair away from her face, his touch like ice—sharp and freezing, sending a shiver down her spine.
"Tell me," he whispered, his voice now barely audible, as though he were sharing a secret meant only for her. "Do you dream of me? Do you think about me when you're alone?"
Y/N's breath caught in her throat, her pulse quickening at his words. How could he know? How could he possibly know about the dreams, the way he invaded her thoughts when she was most vulnerable? It was as though he had already infiltrated her mind, creeping into the deepest recesses where even she dared not venture.
"You've been inside my head," she accused, her voice harsher than she intended, the realization hitting her like a lightning bolt. "This... this obsession you have with me... it's unnatural."
Tom let out a low, mocking chuckle, his lips ghosting over their temple as he spoke. "Oh, my beautiful girl," he purred, his breath cool against her skin, "there's nothing unnatural about it. I've simply allowed you to see what's always been there—what's been waiting for you all along."
His words sent a chill down her spine, but there was something else too—a strange, inexplicable warmth unfurling in her chest, a stirring that was impossible to deny. His voice was like a spell, weaving through her, wrapping her in its cold, seductive embrace.
"I can give you everything," Tom murmured, his lips brushing just below her ear, the sensation making their skin tingle. "Power, knowledge, immortality... all of it can be yours. All you have to do is trust me. All you have to do is give yourself to me."
Y/N swallowed hard, her mind racing as she struggled to think clearly, to fight against the allure of his words. It would be so easy to give in, to let go of everything and surrender to him completely. But a small voice—deep in the recesses of her mind—whispered a warning, reminding her of the dangers lurking beneath his beautiful, perfect facade.
"I'm not like the others," she said softly, her voice barely above a whisper, but firm enough to cut through the haze of his presence. "You won't break me."
Tom's smile widened, his eyes darkening with something far more sinister than mere affection. "We shall see," he murmured, his voice now cold as ice, but there was something almost like pride in his gaze, a twisted satisfaction in her defiance. "But remember... once you are mine, there is no escape. No one leaves me."
His fingers trailed down the side of her face, a soft caress that sent shivers through her entire body. "You may resist now," he continued, his voice a soft, hypnotic lullaby, "but in time... you'll come to realize that there is nothing else. There is no one else. There's only me."
The finality of his words echoed through her mind, the weight of the moment settling over her like a suffocating fog. The line between fear and desire blurred, and she felt herself teetering on the edge, caught between the darkness and the light.
The fire crackled in the hearth, the only sound in the oppressive silence that followed. Tom stepped back slightly, his eyes never leaving hers, as though he were waiting for her to break, to crumble under the pressure of his will.
But instead, Y/N held his gaze, her heart still pounding, but her resolve hardening. Whatever this was, whatever twisted obsession he had for her, she would not be so easily consumed.
"I'll never be yours," she said, her voice steady, though her heart betrayed the uncertainty thrumming through her.
Tom's expression darkened, his smile fading into something far more dangerous—far more predatory. "Oh, my little doll," he whispered, his eyes narrowing with a deadly glint, "we'll see about that."
And with those final words, he turned and disappeared into the shadows, leaving Y/N standing alone in the Room of Requirement, her mind still reeling from the encounter, the cold lingering in the air like a dark promise of what was yet to come.
But she knew—deep down—she hadn't seen the last of him. Tom Riddle never let go of what he wanted. And he wanted her.
Whether she could resist him... was another matter entirely.