Chapter 16

Papers are scattered everywhere, phone lines are ringing, and the sound of a loud argument echoes from another room. On the door, an old, battered sign reads: Immediate Murder Professionals (I.M.P.). Inside, the crew that runs Hell's most efficient (and most affordable) assassination service is going about their usual, hectic business.

Loona, the office's sharp-tongued hellhound receptionist, lounges behind her desk, scrolling through her phone with an unimpressed expression. She's ignoring the stack of papers piling up around her, the constant ringing of the phone, and the distant shouting that fills the room. Her long tail swishes back and forth in boredom as she side-eyes the chaos in the background.

From a nearby door, Blitzo, the over-the-top, fast-talking imp boss, bursts into the room, a manic grin plastered across his face. "Alright, team! We've got a big one today! Some high-profile client, and it's gonna make us rich!" he announces dramatically, throwing his arms in the air.

Moxxie, the perpetually anxious weapons expert, walks in behind him, adjusting his tie and looking annoyed. "Blitz, we don't even know the details yet! You can't just go off assuming it's going to be a massive payday."

Blitzo dismisses Moxxie's concerns with a wave. "Oh, relax, Mox! We're gonna be fine. I can feel it in my demonic little bones."

Millie, the team's energetic and violent assassin, follows her husband Moxxie into the room, cracking her knuckles with excitement. "Well, whatever it is, I'm ready to tear into something! Been a bit too quiet around here lately!"

Blitzo strides up to his desk and kicks his feet up onto it, grabbing a phone off the hook with exaggerated flair. "Alright, everyone. Let's see who our lucky client is today." He dramatically presses the button for the speakerphone as everyone gathers around.

On the other end of the line, a smooth and condescending voice answers. It's Velvette, speaking with her usual smugness. "Blitzo, darling. I've got a job for you and your little... team."

Blitzo's eyes widen in surprise, immediately recognizing the voice. He stands up straight, his excitement only increasing. "Oh ho ho, Velvette! It's been ages! What can I do for one of Hell's loveliest Overlords?"

Moxxie's eyes narrow suspiciously. "Wait, we're taking jobs from Overlords now? Blitz, this sounds dangerous."

Velvette's voice purrs through the speaker. "Don't worry, Moxxie. I'm not asking for anything too complicated. Just a little... removal. We've got a thorn in our side that needs to be plucked out."

Blitzo grins devilishly. "Consider it done! Who's the unlucky sucker?"

Velvette's voice turns deadly serious. "You been watching the news lately? There's a freak in a mask going around making things difficult. He's the target."

The room falls into an awkward silence. Even Loona momentarily glances up from her phone, curious about the shift in mood.

Moxxie raises an eyebrow. "Wait... The guy who's been causing trouble for Valentino and Vox?"

Millie lets out a low whistle. "Damn. That's one hell of a target."

Blitzo, always one to love a challenge, cracks his knuckles and leans forward with a grin. "Alright, Velvette. We'll take the job. That goon is as good as dead."

Velvette chuckles softly on the other end of the line. "Excellent. I knew I could count on you, Blitzo. Don't disappoint me."

The phone clicks, and the office returns to its usual chaos as Blitzo gleefully starts prepping for the mission, much to Moxxie's continued apprehension. "Alright, team! Pack up the gear. We've got a high-profile hit to carry out, and it's gonna be legendary!"