May 20th The Funeral

I arrived at the funeral around noon. Once I saw Mrs.Roman I went up to her right away.
"Good afternoon, Mrs.Roman. Im very sorry about Ariel and I take the blame for her death." I said very seriously.
"Oh, Naveen don't you dare even take the blame about Ariel's death I know you would never do anything to harm her and I know that you tried to save her. Its not your fault." Mrs. Roman said taking my hand.
"Yes I understand, but I was the one that was there with her and I just feel like its my fault." I said pulling my hand away from hers.
"Naveen its not your fault." She said and walked away like it was no big deal.
"ok." I said softly. Finally more people arrived. Some of them talked and some of them cried. I just sat there alone thinking to myself "I did this. I dont care what Mrs.Roman said...I did this! Why,Why,Why!? Ariel did not deserve to die this young." Someone came and sat down is the chair next to me. Soon everyone was sitting down. The Priest walked up in the front and started talking.
"We're here today to honor the memory of Ariel Nicole Roman." The Priest continued speaking about Ariel and her life.I sat there listening about all the good things he had to say about Ariel and every single word he said was true. It was great to hear all the good things about Ariel again even though I already knew everything about her. While listening to the things the Priest had to say about Ariel I smiled, I smiled the whole time because even though she's gone, she's still with me everywhere I go and I won't forget her. That night on the Eiffel Tower when we told each other that we love eachother I meant it and I know she did too.
When the Priest was done he called me up to say a few words about Arie. Of course I didn't know what to say and I didn't want to go up there and just stand there like a freak, but I did anyways. Nervously, I walked up there, my hands were shaking.
"Umm, hi. My name is Naveen Vigil and I knew Ariel since we were in preschool and most of you guys here know that because you guys watched us grow up together. Ariel died at a very young age. She did not deserve to die she still had a lot ahead of her and she wanted to do a lot with her life. When she died I felt like there was nothing left, I felt like the world was dead without her here in my life...but that isn't true. Just because she isn't here in our lives today that doesn't mean that she isn't with us in our hearts because I loved Ariel so much and I would put my life before her's. I'm now deciding to go on with my life and not live in misery just because shes gone. Yea, I miss her too and I know the all of you guys do too, but that doesn't mean that your life ends now. I know that Ariel would want you guys to move on and be happy but I also know that she wouldn't want you guys to forget and I know for sure that I will never forget Ariel Nicole Roman. So thank you all for coming today to honor Ariel Nicole Roman." I said out of breath but also very proud of my speech. I walked away with a grin on my face. When I sat down the person sitting next to me patted my shoulder and said,
"That was a very good speech. Did you prepare for that or did you just get up there and say it all!?"
"Why thank you, and no, I didn't prepare for it I just got up there and said what I felt." Once everyone was done with all of their speeches people started getting up and saying goodbye and saying sorry for Mrs. and Mr. Roman's lost. I stood up gave Mrs.Roman a hug and shook Mr.Roman's hand and walked out to the parking lot to find my car. I got in my car, buckled up and started backing up. It was kind of hard getting out of the parking lot since there were a lot of people trying to get home. I finally got home and pulled into the driveway. I got out of the car and locked it. I went up to my room and didn't cry. I was actually happy, because after my speech I know that Ariel is with me at all times. And I won't forget her because she will always be in my heart at all times. Wherever I go she will be with me, so technically she's not gone, she's with me. I won't forget...