40. Abhi na jao chor kar

Ashi Pov:-

I adjusted my dupatta, bringing the pallu around to the front, and made my way inside. Just as I reached my desk, Piyush noticed me and waved, "Hey!"

"Hi," I responded with a smile, as he came over and gave me a casual side hug.

"Any plans today?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Not as of now," I shrugged.

"Great! Then let's finally go to that new cafe you were talking about last month," he suggested. I thought about it for a second and then nodded. "Yes, that sounds good."

As Piyush walked away, I suddenly felt a shiver run down my spine. It felt like someone was watching me. I turned around quickly, but no one was there. Strange.

After finishing up some work, I headed toward the file submission area. That's when I saw him—through the glass door of his cabin. Ayan, sitting there with his sleeves rolled up, his veins flexing as he scribbled something. His blazer was hanging neatly on a stand next to him. He looked effortlessly handsome, just as Shruti had always gushed about.

"No doubt, his looks are to die for," Shruti whispered beside me, startling me.

I turned to see her standing there with an exaggerated, excited expression. "His wife must be so lucky," she added, pouting playfully.

I stifled a laugh. If only they knew... I was that wife. "What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

She slapped her forehead. "Oh right! We have that seminar to attend. Let's go, it's already time."

"Just a minute, I need to submit this file first," I said, turning to leave. But as soon as I spun around, I collided with someone—hard.

My heart dropped when I realized it was Ayan, coffee in hand, and now... all over him.

His shirt was soaked, his coffee mug tilted. Worse still, his hand was bleeding—again. My panic surged.

"I'm so sorry!" I said, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. His hand was already injured, and now this.

He glanced down at his hand and then up at me, smiling through the pain. How could he smile when hot coffee had just spilled all over his chest, and his injured hand was bleeding again?

"It's fine," he reassured me, still pressing his bleeding hand to stop the blood.

"No, it's not fine," I insisted, panicking slightly. "You need a bandage."

His eyes softened as he looked at me, his smile still intact. "Yes, I do. Will you help me?"

His voice was gentle, but I knew him too well—there was a playful glint behind his words. He was enjoying this. Shruti stood there, watching, clearly not understanding the hidden tension between us. It was just another day for her.

"Shruti, can you bandage him, please?" I asked quickly, hoping to get out of this situation.

Ayan interrupted, his tone teasing but firm. "You made the mess, Ashi. You'll clean it up."

I sighed inwardly, knowing I had no choice. I couldn't make a scene here—he had the upper hand in every way. I nodded reluctantly, and he turned toward his cabin, signaling for me to follow.

Shruti's eyes were wide with disbelief, probably wishing it was her instead of me. Little did she know...He shut the door behind us, flicking the switch that turned the glass walls opaque, cloaking us in privacy. I barely had a moment to process before he swiftly unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his broad, sculpted chest. Eight. Eight packs, I mentally corrected myself, swallowing hard as my eyes couldn't help but trail over his defined shoulders, the muscles flexing with every movement.