[Eastern Story Act 4: Satori The Satori]

**Sumire and Hata-Tan ventured through the winding corridors of the underground ruins, their footsteps echoing faintly against the ancient stone walls. The air was thick with the weight of time and memories, and though the place was cold and eerie, it also felt strangely alive, as if it were waiting for something to happen. Hata-Tan fluttered beside Sumire, her black wings occasionally brushing against the walls as they walked.**

Sumire: "This place... it’s huge. It feels like I’ve been walking in circles forever."

Hata-Tan: "Mhm! But don’t worry, we’re almost there. Satori’s just up ahead. She’s super cool—used to run this whole place, y’know!"

**Before Sumire could respond, they entered a vast chamber illuminated by faint, ghostly light. At the center of the room stood a woman with lavender-pink hair, her calm demeanor contrasting with the intensity of her surroundings. Beside her, a large, dark-winged crow pecked at the floor while a red-furred cat watched them with narrowed eyes.**

Hata-Tan: "There she is! Satori Komeiji!"

**Satori’s third eye, resting on her chest, pulsed gently as her gaze swept over Sumire and Hata-Tan. When her eyes settled on Sumire, her expression shifted slightly—an almost imperceptible frown.**

Satori: "Strange... I can’t seem to read your mind."

**Sumire felt a shiver run down her spine. She had heard stories of mind-readers, but it was still unsettling to be called out so bluntly.**

Sumire: "Is that... bad?"

Satori: "Not bad, just unusual. Most who come here don’t block me out so easily. There’s something on your mind, something powerful."

**Sumire bit her lip, not sure how to explain the strange power inside her or why her thoughts were hidden from Satori. She hadn’t meant to block anything—it was as if her mind had closed off on its own.**

Hata-Tan: "Oh yeah, Satori! Sumire’s been through a lot. She’s new to all this, but she’s strong. I brought her here to get some help, maybe some advice."

Satori: "I see."

**Satori’s voice remained calm, her piercing gaze softening a bit as she assessed the situation. Orin, the Hell cat, stretched lazily and circled around Satori’s legs, her eyes never leaving Sumire. Okuu, the Hell crow, ruffled her feathers, her presence radiating with raw power as she perched nearby.**

Satori: "Well, you’ve brought her to a safe place for now. I can’t offer much guidance, but the ruins will speak to you if you listen closely enough."

**Sumire nodded, feeling a little overwhelmed by the cryptic nature of Satori’s words. The ruins seemed alive with history, and she could sense that there were answers hidden here—if she could figure out how to find them.**

Hata-Tan: "Hey, Satori! Mind if I stick around for a bit? I’ve got some questions, y’know, about these ruins, your time here... it’d make a great interview for my paper!"

Satori: *"If you wish. I’m not sure what you’ll find interesting, but you’re welcome to stay and ask."*

**Hata-Tan beamed, clearly excited at the opportunity to talk with Satori. Sumire, however, felt the pull to leave, her legs already itching to move. She had to get back to the surface—to figure out her next steps.**

Hata-Tan: *"Oh, Sumire!"*

**Hata-Tan’s voice broke through Sumire’s thoughts, and she turned to look at her companion. The Tengu had a warm smile on her face, though there was a slight sadness in her eyes, knowing that they would part ways for now.**