MAFIA's SWEETHEART - 1

Shreya walked briskly through the narrow alley, her bag heavy on her shoulder. The rain fell hard, and darkness covered the streets. She had chosen the alley as a shortcut, though it felt unsettlingly quiet. No one was around, only the sound of rain filled the air. The flickering street lights cast fleeting shadows, deepening the eerie atmosphere..

Shreya: Nan edhum paakala pa
(I didn't see anything)

She shut her eyes tightly, inching forward while peeking through her fingers. Suddenly, a strong hand grabbed her, pulling her back with force. Panic surged through her as she began to struggle, writhing desperately to break free..

Shreya: gundu paiyya Vidra.
(Fat man, leave me)

Jerome: I think she saw everything.

Shreya: No no no, I swear, I only saw when this bulky man stabbed the knife. After that I closed my eyes. Believe me. Leave me. Nambunga. Na oda maaten. Inform panitu than poven.

The man left her. She was now surrounded by 7 men, all towering over her.

Shreya: Alright everyone, show me your right palm.

Jerome: Why?

Shreya: Tick potu promise panra pa.. sollamaaten.
(I will promise and tick your palm. I will not tell)

Unknowingly one of the 7 mens showed his palm.

Shreya smiled.

Shreya: You are a good boy. Okay don't fight. Everyone quick make a line.

The man behind her shot a fierce glare at Jerome and the one who had just shown his palm. Shreya quickly marked a tick next to their names, feeling a flicker of relief..

Shreya: Ungaluku enna vethala paaku vachi azhaikanumaa? Show your palm you gundu paiyya. Epadi pudichi izhukura. Iru nan unaku tick potutu punishment tharen.

(How could you drag me like that, fat man)

She pulled his palm and promised and punched his arms which pained her fist and she hissed.

Shreya: Okay bye…you all go home.

She said taking her umbrella afterall she already drenched.

***

Jerome: Ales, what can we do? Can we hold her hostage? Or keeping an eye on her home?

Ales: No need.

Jerome: What if she complains about us?

Ales: There is no hint of fear in her eyes. Let's see. She is a small girl.

“No boss, she is short in height”.

Ales chuckled, making the other 6 look at him shocked. He was a rare smiler.

**********

“Sandro, it's time to wake up”, a lady in her 50s trying to wake his son.

Sandro: Ma, please leave me. I don't want to go anywhere. I was working till late hours. Dad please tell mom.

Sandro’s dad: I don't interfere in the mom son business.

Sandro: Dad, you have to support me. I worked late at night because of you. I'm not going for any bride seeing ceremony. I'm happy in being single.

His mom started her drama.

Sandro’s mom: What did I ask? Just a marriage. I want to see you married and having kids before I close my eyes. You can't even make my wishes happen.

Sandro rolled his eyes. He freshens up and rejects the bride before going to their home. His mom glared at him and went to her room.

******
Jerome, Ales and his mens and guards were in a building on the second floor. Jerome saw Shreya hopping with a boy who probably reached her height.

Jerome: Ales, see, that witness girl?

Ales started her till her figure disappeared.

Jerome: Do I inform DK to collect her details?

Ales: Hold on. Make sure she doesn't meet any officials.

The mens nodded.

**************

Shreya returns home and is shocked to see some two men sitting on the sofa and they look like they own the house.
She confusedly looked at them thinking that there might be relatives or friends of his father and she moved to her home.

*****

Shreya: No.

“You should move on with me”.

Shreya: Do I look like anything?

TBC….

How was the chapter? Please vote and comment your opinion.

Should I continue or stop?

The chapter will be updated based on the response.

Imagine whoever you want.

If need castings, can you suggest please.