The Beginning

It is around 7pm when I get a message from Rodrick:

Hey y/n party at my place tonight 9pm.

I just send him a thumbs up emoji. Welp, I have two hours to get ready. I started babysitting for the Heffley's about two years ago. Rodrick usually never gave me any trouble, and when Greg and Manny went to sleep sometimes we would actually hangout and watch movies in the living room while we waited for his parents to get home. We had fun, but never really hung out other than that. We're both seventeen now, and he's pretty committed to his band, so now when I am over to babysit he is usually in his room practicing, or at Ben's house.

Now my issue: what to wear? A skirt could be cute, but isn't practical because I don't want to squat every time I have to bend down for something. It is fall, so I just wind up wearing mom jeans, with a cropped white tank, and a brown sweater. If I get too hot at the party I could just take the sweater off - genius.

I put on (makeup of your choice) and (your favorite smelling perfume) and I am out of here

I put on (makeup of your choice) and (your favorite smelling perfume) and I am out of here. My parents are out of town for my uncle's destination wedding, and trust me with the house, so I don't necessarily have to ask permission. I arrive at the Heffley's at 9:30, people are never on time for parties anyways, so I figure who cares. The house is lit up from the inside with an assortment of colors from string lights, and what seems to be one of those small rainbow disco balls. The fact that the police haven't been called for a noise complaint is beyond me. I park on the street, and start walking up the drive when Rodrick happens to be hanging out on the front porch, so I say hi.

"Heyy" I say playfully.

"Oh, hey loser, guys-" he says gesturing to Ben and a couple other friends "this is y/n".

Ben turns to look at me, "Yeah I know you, I think we've had a class or two together".

I laugh, and say "yeah, probably! Well, I'm gonna head inside now."

"Okay" Rodrick says.

I walk inside, and run into a couple of people I recognize, saying hello to all of them. I notice a bowl of punch in the kitchen area, so I grab a red solo cup from the giant stack of them sitting next to the punch bowl on the counter, and pour some in my cup. I take a sip and gag. It tastes like straight vodka, with a splash of fruit punch. Who made this? I take a second look at the cup, and figure I am at a party, so instead of dumping it out I take a hefty drink of it. A sour expression crosses my face, of course at the same time that Rodrick enters the kitchen.

He snorts and says, "Too strong for you y/n?"

"Yeah you know I prefer my drinks to have some assemblance of flavor. If I wanted a shot I would have poured myself one." I say confidently with a smirk on my face.

Something about that comment intrigued Rodrick, and there was a look in his eyes I had never seen before.

"You know what y/n, you're probably right. Why don't we go pick up some more juice?" Rodrick suggests.

I look into his deep brown eyes, black eyeliner outlining them, trying to see what he was up to. My eyes then wander down some and I notice his outfit. A Goosebumps graphic t-shirt with a dark colored flannel, and was he wearing cologne? It smelled good. Wait, he just asked me a question. I shake my intrusive thoughts, and answer him.

"I'm down, but I'M driving." I demand.

Rodrick chuckles at this. "No way. I'm driving. Otherwise, no tasty drinks for you." He smirks, and tilts his head and shrugs with a look on his face that says: it sucks to suck.

I am way too curious to not go with him, so I simply sigh and say: "Okay fine, let's go".

He subtly laughs almost evilly, and I sigh again knowing I am in for a long night with this man. 

*

I have never written anything like this before, give me ideas of what to add or what you think should happen next. Thanks for reading! :) <3