meeting him

Hi guys I hope you guys enjoyed my novel so far
Welcome once more.

Tuesday arrived, my first day at New Tech. I woke up earlier than planned, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves.

I chose a sleek outfit: blue pants, a white V-neck top, and blue mini heels. In front of the mirror, I considered makeup but opted for a natural look – defined eyebrows, light powder, and lip gloss.

Confidence was key.

I'd prepared extensively, anticipating potential presentations to the board of executives, including the CEO, Alexandra. But my real focus was Alexander Monthly, the man behind New Tech's remarkable growth.

Rumors described him as ruthless, arrogant, yet brilliant. His scandal-free reputation and private life only added to his enigmatic charm. And, of course, his striking appearance.

My objective today: capture his attention, either through my work or subtle charm. But would a man surrounded by beauty daily even notice me?

I took one last glance in the mirror, affirming my resolve.

"I've got this."

This wasn't just about securing the contract; it was about forging my own path, proving myself.

With renewed confidence and determination, I left my apartment, ready to take on the challenge.

I arrived at work at 8:05 AM, eager to start my first day. After handing the receptionist my hired email, I received my work card and made my way to my designated office. The minimalist decor suited me perfectly.

To calm my nerves, I brewed an instant coffee from the office coffee machine. I had already submitted my personal details and was now headed to meet Mister Charles, the General Executive Manager.

Upon arriving at his office, I knocked and was promptly invited in. As I entered, Mister Charles was concluding a conversation with someone whose back was turned to me.

"Thank you, Alex. I'll submit the report by the end of the day. No problem, just make sure they don't make the same mistake," Mister Charles said.

The raspy voice caught my attention, and as the person turned, my breath caught. Piercing blue eyes, a chiseled face like Adonis – the photos didn't do him justice.

I couldn't help but flash a charming smile, surprised I didn't stammer. "Good morning, sir," I said.

However, he passed me without a second glance, leaving me feeling snubbed.

Turning to Mister Charles, I composed myself. "Good morning, sir. I'm here to report for work."

"Ah, Anna, welcome! Today's your first day. I was just heading to the meeting. Let's go, but give me a few minutes to wrap up some things. Have a seat," Mister Charles replied.

I sat down, taking in the office's artwork. Mister Charles noticed my interest.

"You like art?" he asked.

Yes, do you paint?

No no , not at all

"I can't even hold a brush, let alone make a stroke," Mister Charles chuckled, smiling at my question about painting. "It's just pure passion."

"Shall we proceed?" he suggested, gesturing toward the boardroom.

The room was spacious, and most attendees had already arrived. I took a seat beside Mister Charles, the only person I had met so far.