Chapter 6

Homecoming is now only two weeks away. I went online not long ago and I bought a short, pink, silky dress that has flowers all over it. It has a v-cut at the top and for the straps, it has ones that are a little thicker than the spaghetti style. In the front towards the bottom, it has a ruffle that cuts diagonally through the dress and hangs off the dress at the end a little. It's super cute and I can't wait to wear it. Astrid bought a beautiful green dress that matches her straight brown hair and brown eyes. The green dress has a crisscrossed back with off-the-shoulder sleeves that are thick and somewhat puffy. The dress is also covered in different colored pink flowers. I think the dress matches her perfectly and will look so good on her. Astrid and I made reservations at an Italian restaurant called Tony's by the venue. It's one of our favorite places to go and the family who owns the place is super nice. I still have to plan out rides, getting ready, and pictures but other than that, everything is all sorted out. I'm so excited for homecoming, especially because last years was such a flop. The principal and other teachers thought it would be smart to host homecoming at the school last year but because there were so many people attending, they weren't able to find the space to add some of the activities planned, so it was super boring and overcrowded. I'm pretty sure half of the school had gotten the flu within a week. I know I did and I went down. At least this year we have a two-story boat to hold all of us. We were told not long ago the boat also has a few balconies and that the boat will move around in the water so it's not oddly docked at the pier. I hope no one has motion sickness because if they do, I bet that their homecoming experience is going to be limited to a chair and the bathroom. My grandpa has motion sickness so I know firsthand what it's like to get on a boat. It's not very fun but thankfully, I don't have it so I'll be ok. I get a notification on my phone so I pick it up and look at it. Oh shit, it's 11 PM. I should probably go to bed because I have plans to hang out with Chris and Astrid tomorrow downtown. We're going for ice cream, yummy! I'm lactose intolerant but I'm going to get ice cream anyway because I don't really care about the pain afterwards. I get up to turn my lights off and I get back into bed. I then grab my phone, put it on the charger, and start playing the music I listen to when I sleep. I then turn over and go to bed.

I just woke up. It's 10 AM and I'm going downtown at 11:40 to meet everyone for 12. I grab my phone when I notice I have a notification. Oh shit, I forgot to check that notification last night. I was so caught up realizing it was 11 that I forgot to look at what popped up. I click on the notification and see that it's a text from Astrid.

Astrid - "Hey, guys! I am so sorry to do this last minute but my mom made plans with my dad and forgot about them so now I have to babysit my little brother. I'm so so sorry. We can all hang out another day, but I hope you two have fun!"

So it's going to be just Chris and me!? Oh my god, ok. I guess this is happening. I'm not mentally prepared but whatever. I decided to go get breakfast before I got ready for the day. There's not a lot in my kitchen right now because my mom and I need to go to the store, so I'm just going to microwave some frozen pancakes. I put them in the microwave for a minute thirty and then went to grab the butter and syrup. Once they were done, I put them on a plate and put a little butter and syrup. I know frozen foods are bad for you but oh my goodness do I love pancakes. These are delicious. I take my last few bites and put my plate on the side so it can be washed later. I then go upstairs and plug in my curling iron. I was going to do my heatless curlers last night but I forgot so I have to curl my hair this morning. I then walk to my closet and pick out an outfit. I think I'm going to wear a layered, white, ruffle skirt with a green tank top. It's going to be in the 80's today so I'm going to wear clothes that won't make me sweat like crazy. I then put on the outfit and check to see if my curling iron is heated up. It's heated and I may have accidentally burnt myself but it's fine. I grab my haircare products and then start to curl my hair. Once I'm done, I grab my makeup and a simple look with just blush, highlighter, mascara, and light brown lipgloss that matches my eyes. I check the clock and see that it's now almost 11:30 so I grab my keys and set them on my counter so I'm ready to go. I then grab my purse and put what I need in it. I then grab my phone, shoes, and socks and get ready to go.