Chapter 4

It's 10 AM. My phone is vibrating every second. I have no clue what's going on, but I don't feel like checking. Unless someone is dying or dead, I am not answering. No. Thank. You. I should check, though, even if I don't want to. HOLY SHIT. IT'S ALL FROM ASTRID AND CHRIS. WHAT THE FUCK? Hell no. I'm turning over and throwing this shit. I threw my phone at the chair next to me and turned over. I then closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

It's now 12 PM. I don't feel like going back to bed anymore, so I decided to grab my phone and go make some food. I don't know what to eat, so I decided to ask the group chat 1 or 2. Option 1 is pizza and option 2 is chicken nuggets. I texted the group chat with no context and asked them for 1 or 2.

Astrid - "HOLY FUCK, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! Also, I don't know what the options mean, so 2.."

Chris - "Hey Val! Good morning, no wait, good afternoon I should say LOL. I'm going to say 2 as well because 1st is the worst and 2nd is the best."

Val - "I'm going to go make chicken nuggets now, bye!"

Astrid - "THE OPTIONS WERE FOR WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO EAT? #annoying."

Val - "Girl bye ain't no way. And so what if they were? I'm feeling hangry. Do not disturb my need for food, bitch."

Chris - "WOAH, calm down guys, let's not-"

Astrid - "Let's not what, hm? Shut up, lover boy."

Astrid - ";)"

Val - "Okay then... I will be leaving. When I'm done eating, I'll call the group chat! Bye, Chris!"

Astrid - "Why, no goodbye to me? :("

Val - "Cause you suck, LOL! Bye again!"

Astrid - ":("

Astrid - "See Chris? She's sooo mean to me."

Chris - "*Face palm emoji*."

I set my phone down on the counter and started the oven for the nuggets. I then grabbed a water bottle from my cabinet and put some water in it. A short time later, the oven beeped, and I put the chicken nuggets in. Now it's time to wait for 15–20 minutes. I'm kinda wishing time moved fast right about now but whatever. If I'm eating yummy chicken nuggets, it's all worth it. Thankfully, my phone didn't die last night after I fell asleep on the couch, so I decided to open TikTok and scroll until my food was done. I got bored fast, though, so I set my phone up against my kitchen wall and started filming myself doing the Charli XCX Apple Dance. After it was posted, I realized Chris had followed me, so I followed him back and then went back to scrolling. A few minutes later, I decided to text my mom to let her know I was up. I wondered where she was, but then remembered my mom was out at work. She works as a nurse during the night, but today she had to go in for a few hours during the day because a huge accident happened on the highway. Thankfully, my mom usually doesn't work on the weekends, so I'll see her later and hopefully all tomorrow.

Val - "Hey, mom! I just wanted to let you know that I'm up, and I love you! See you later!"

Mom - "Good afternoon, sweetie! I'll be heading home in about an hour if all goes well. I love you too."

I smiled and set my phone down. The oven then finally beeped so I took my chicken nuggets out and plated them. I then set my food down on the table and ran to find my dog. "Bertie!! Hi, my love! Are you okay? Oh! Does someone want belly rubs?" My dog wagged her tail and came up to me. She then rolled over and asked for belly rubs, which, happily, I gave her. "I loves you, my sweet girl!" I kissed her forehead and walked back to my food. I then grabbed the ketchup and put a small amount on my plate before demolishing the food in front of me. Safe to say, the wait was worth it. I then got up and washed my plate. I put my plate in the dishwasher and then went to find my phone. I set up my phone and then clicked the FaceTime button in the group chat. The first person to join was Chris. "Hey, Val! How are you?" I smiled and pushed my bangs behind my ear. "Hi, Chris! I'm good, thanks for asking! How are you?" He smiled back and oh my god his messy hair had me in a trance. "I'm good thanks!"

Astrid - "UGH. The ONE time Valerie decides to call, and I'm BUSY. Darn it."

I laughed at Astrid's text. "I can see that she's very annoyed." I put very annoyed in air quotes and Chris laughed. "I wondered where she was. Usually, she follows you around like a lost dog." "Hey! That's kinda mean!" I laughed. "Honestly, though, I think so too." He smiled at me and then we continued chatting. We were on the phone for probably about four hours before Astrid finally joined us. "Hey, lovebirds!" I stuck my tongue out and pointed at it, making her giggle. She ended up asking us what we had been talking about, and then we started talking about other things.

It's now 8 PM. I just got off the phone with Astrid and Chris. I'm feeling pretty disgusting after lying around all day so I decided to go take a shower. I headed upstairs to my bathroom and grabbed a towel, my hairbrush, and my shampoo and conditioner. I then went to my room and grabbed a fresh pair of clothes. After, I laid them out on my towel rack for when I got out of the shower.

I just finished putting my hair up in a claw clip. My hair is still pretty wet, though, so I might blow-dry it for a few minutes. After I was all done in the bathroom, I went and kissed my mom and said hi to her since she ended up going out with a friend after work. She hugged me after and told me about her day for a few minutes before she told me she was going to go to bed since she was tired. I said goodnight and left her room. I then went and found my dog and brought her upstairs to my room, where she jumped onto my bed and laid down. I turned my LED lights on to my favorite color, purple, and ended up opening TikTok to scroll when I noticed Chris calling me. I checked to see if it was him calling me from the group chat, but it wasn't. It was just Chris. Is he ok? Did something happen? Did someone die? Am I going insane???? I answered the phone and pushed all my thoughts aside. "Hey, Chris!" I bit my lip and lowered my voice a little. "Is everything you know, ok? We haven't really called just us before, minus earlier today. It's always ever really been with Astrid." He gave me this loving and so sincere look and from that, I knew he was ok. Phew, he's ok. He smiled and then spoke. "I'm ok. Thank you for asking! It's nice to know I have somebody." I laughed. "I'm always here. No matter what." He smiled again. "Well, thank you again. I was just calling to see how you were doing, considering Astrid can be a lot to handle." "I'm fine, thank you! I mean, she's been my best friend since I learned to walk. I've pretty much learned to just deal with her antics." He gave me a worried look and lowered his voice. "Valerie," Oh my god. Just take me right there. Fuck me, he's so- Anyway. "I'm serious. Do you promise me that you're fine?" I groaned. "Yes, mom, I'm fine." He laughed a little. "Hey, I'm just looking out for you. I know you like it." I looked away jokingly. "I definitely don't." He laughed, and then we stayed up talking until 12:30 AM. I would've stayed up later, but he forced me to go to bed. He is one persistent kid, I'll say that.