🐾42. Confession🐾

I slapped Lee across the face before running to the stretcher, feeling like my heart was about to break. But as soon as I pulled the blanket away, it was the body of an aunt, about 45 years old, lying on the stretcher, moaning in pain, with her neck in a cast.

"This isn't View. Where's View?"

"I am here."

View B's clear voice come from the side of the car, shocking me and Mike B because she had been crying and making a big fuss before.

"Wasn't View hit by the car?"

"Actually, it should have been View who was hit by the car, but
since her legs are short, she couldn't run fast enough. Lee's aunt, seeing us arguing, ran to block the car. But Lee couldn't brake in time, so she was hit and thrown off. And, well, here we are."

"So why did you cover her face?"

"Auntie asked... I asked to cover my face."

The auntie on the bed tried to answer in a weak voice.

"I didn't have any makeup on. My pores are huge. I was embarrassed."

I opened my mouth, speechless, then looked at Lee, who I had slapped earlier, feeling guilty, but I still had other questions.

"What about the scream on the phone?"

"View screamed in shock."

"Then why didn't you answer when I called? The phone suddenly hung up."

"The phone fell into a drain. Luckily, there was no water in it. I had to call the rescue team to help retrieve it... hehe."

I rushed to hug View B tightly, my heart almost breaking. I carefully examined her small body to make sure she was okay, then hugged her again before bursting into tears.

"Sob."

"Why are you crying, P'May?"

"I thought you were the one lying there. What would I do if something happened to you? How could I live without you?"

The little girl hugged me back and gently rubbed my back, understanding how I felt because she had been through it herself. For a moment, as I imagined View B in an accident, I thought about how much pain she would be in. And if she didn’t wake up or recover, I couldn’t bear to think about what my world would be like.

"Now you understand, right? How I feel when you’re not around, P’May?"

"I understand, I really do. I’m sorry."

"So from now on, don’t disappear again, okay?"

"I won’t disappear, my dear. I’m not going anywhere."

"That’s great."

As we hugged, the rescue team carried the injured person to the ambulance and slowly left, one by one. Now, it was just me, View B, Mike B, and Lee, who watched us hug with an expression that was hard to read.

"May B is the one? The family member View told me about?"

Lee’s voice broke the silence. Suddenly, I realized we weren’t alone and we were about to walk away, but View B grabbed me, wrapping her arms around my waist as if to make a statement.

"Yes, P’May is the one. The one I said no one could replace."

"But she’s your sister."

"Come on,” Mike B interrupted, not wanting to say much more. But as he turned to leave, Lee, still confused and seemingly unable to accept the situation, shouted.