🐾38. The App🐾

View B's indifference felt like a hammer hitting my head. My face is now completely numb, and even if someone slapped me, I probably wouldn't feel anything. There's no more pain. Lee, still confused by my sudden appearance, stood up and asked, genuinely concerned, something I was sure wasn't just an act.

"May... Is it really you? Everyone is so worried about you. Where have you been all this time?"

"I told you, she's not May."

"But..."

Lee tried to protest. Irritated by the situation, View B stood up, ready to leave, but I managed to grab her arm just in time.

"So, is this how it's going to be?"

"Exactly like this."

Her small figure responded in the same tone she always used when she was upset with me. Slowly, I let go of her arm and clasped my hands behind my back.

"Okay."

"..."

"I let you go. If you want to go, go ahead."

The two of us stared at each other for a long time, and in the end, View B was the one who left the store. Lee, torn between staying to talk to me or following my sister, had a conflicted expression, but in the end, he chose to go after View B, leaving me behind.

Isn't she happy that her sister is back? Well, that's good. It'll make things easier.

"Maybe I should..."

Intuon, who was lurking somewhere in the store, suddenly jumped out with an irritated expression. I closed my eyes, putting together the pieces that this mess was probably caused by this troublemaker.

"Since you sent the photo, you've been here the whole time, haven't you?"

"Of course! And you've only made things more annoying. She's so upset, why didn't you run after her and apologize?"

"This is real life, not a Hollywood movie. If she says I'm dead, why should I bring it up again?"

"She said you’re dead and you’re just going to accept it? Why give up so easily? That’s not like you at all!"

"That’s exactly who I am. And as for you, stop meddling in my life. You’re being a nuisance."

"Ugh! Now I’m a nuisance? I’m the one who had to take a car to get back here instead of a plane! Okay, you’re fine now, but don’t come asking me for help later. Don’t even think about texting me if you need anything. In doesn’t love you anymore!"

Intuorn pouted and walked back into the store, but not before poking her head out again.

"Come apologize right now! I’ll give you five minutes."

How did she grow up to be so funny and adorable? Silly girl!
.

.

Although I was back in the store, I hadn’t gone into the kitchen to work like a proper business partner should. There were still a lot of things I needed to take care of in my life. At the very least, I had to call the doctor, who was probably waiting to hear from me since he had no way of contacting me. As soon as he answered, his polite tone, due to the unknown number, made me laugh before I could even pretend to be one of his patients.

[Whose laugh is that?]

"Guess who?"

As I wandered into a nearby convenience store, I playfully teased him over the phone.

[You have a cell phone now, so I can call you anytime!]

Dr. Ake’s voice sounded happy to finally be able to talk to me, but then I heard a light honk from beside him, and I quickly realized.