2

The city was painted in dusky hues as Yunho made his way through the crowded streets, hands jammed into his pockets, his thoughts running in circles. The meeting with Mingi had been brief, but the emotional weight of it still clung to him like a heavy fog. Mingi's reluctance to open up gnawed at Yunho. He knew something was wrong, but Mingi wasn't ready to share, and Yunho wasn't sure how to approach the situation without pushing his friend away further.

He needed a distraction. Something to clear his mind before he found himself overthinking everything. His phone buzzed in his pocket as he approached the bar where he was meeting Wooyoung. Pulling it out, he read Wooyoung's text: "I'm here. Sangie's holed up at home, no surprise. Ready for drinks?"

Yunho's lips twitched into a small smile. Wooyoung was always a comfort—easy to be around, always ready to lighten the mood. He picked up his pace, pushing through the last few blocks until the bar's neon sign flickered into view. The soft hum of conversations and music floated out onto the street as Yunho pulled open the door, immediately spotting Wooyoung's familiar form at a table near the back.

"Yunho!" Wooyoung greeted him with a grin, raising his glass in mock salute. He was already leaning back in his chair, one arm draped lazily over the backrest. His energy seemed a bit more subdued than usual, but that wasn't too surprising. Yunho had picked up on the undercurrent of tension lately, not just between him and Mingi, but with this friend group as well. Something unspoken hovered between all of them, like everyone was carrying a secret.

Yunho slid into the chair across from Wooyoung and immediately signaled for a drink. "How long have you been here?"

"Not long. Thought I'd grab a soda first before we dive in." Wooyoung's smile was easy, but his eyes betrayed a flicker of something deeper. Yunho didn't have to ask to know that Wooyoung was probably just as distracted as he was.

The waiter arrived with Yunho's drink, and after taking a long sip, he leaned back in his chair. "How's Yeosang?" Yunho asked casually.

"Still in his creative zone," Wooyoung replied, rolling his eyes fondly. "He's working on some new project. Won't tell me what it is, though. Typical." He shrugged, though there was a touch of concern in his voice. "He's been quiet lately, too."

Yunho nodded, feeling the familiar weight of the conversation. It seemed like everyone in their circle was pulling back, keeping their thoughts and worries hidden behind walls that were getting harder to climb.

"Maybe we're all just overthinking things," Wooyoung continued after a pause. "Or maybe something's going on with the planets." He smirked, trying to lighten the mood with his usual wit, but Yunho wasn't biting.

"Do you think it's us?" Yunho asked quietly, surprising even himself with the question. "I mean...have we done something wrong? Mingi with me, Yeosang...even Hongjoong. They've all been acting strange lately."

Wooyoung was quiet for a moment, his smile fading as he studied Yunho's face. "I don't think it's us. At least, not intentionally." He drummed his fingers on the table, his eyes thoughtful. "But something's definitely up. I've felt it too."

Yunho ran a hand through his hair, letting out a frustrated sigh. "I don't know how to fix it. I feel like no matter what I do, Mingi keeps pulling away."

Wooyoung nodded slowly. "Yeah, I get that. Yeosang's been doing the same thing. But you know them—they're not gonna talk unless they're ready. We just have to wait it out, I guess."

The thought of waiting didn't sit well with Yunho, but he knew Wooyoung was right. They had all been friends for too long to force anything, especially with the kinds of unspoken dynamics that often flowed between them. Still, Yunho's chest tightened at the thought of losing Mingi's closeness, something that had been a constant in his life since they were kids.