Chapter 47

Damon wonders what had happened when he came to shake hands with Fyodor. The tension on his face was palpable. Damon couldn't help asking. "Is everything fine?" Because his facial expressions and body language were far from being pleasant enough to welcome a guest.

"I hope it is," Fyodor replied and Damon exchanged a glance with Nancy before he offered, "Tell me what I can do,"

"For the first, remove some of your guards around the island." This made Damon raise his brows. "Excuse me," Damon didn't believe he had done something strange he wasn't supposed to. He had come here with his security and was making sure he and his wife were safe wherever they were. It should have been Fyodor's responsibility to coordinate with his head of security and make him believe that they were on the same page. Not only did Fyodor not do any such thing he was asking him to remove some of his guards.

"I didn't get what you meant. Did they cause some trouble for you?" Damon asked back but Fyodor looked at Nancy before looking back at Damon to ask him. "For what you have them for. Don't you trust your wife's safety with us?" Damon smiled looking at Nancy and took this moment to praise his wife. "I shouldn't. I mean look at her." Nancy couldn't help her smile. Again, Damon had given them a scare without him knowing it.

"Honey, I had asked the food to be served," Raya spoke from the back and Nancy smiled at how Raya sounded worrisome. She was a woman in her early forties but still looked breathtakingly beautiful. It seemed she was still reaching her peak. Nancy knew her aunt would have been the same age if she was alive today.

Nancy left Damon's side and started walking to Raya all the while apologizing. "I am sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello earlier." Nancy hugged Raya in a tight grasp and whispered to her. "I had never thought of hugging you in a million years. But here we are." Nancy pulled away looking at her.

"You look so much like Leslie," Raya seemed to be finding something on her face.

"Isn't it amazing how genes work?" Nancy whispered back.

Damon stared at Nancy with pride in his eyes. She was finally conversing and behaving fine. Damon looked at Fyodor and told him. "I have bought a car for you. I hope you accept the gift." Fyodor offered Damon a tight smile before he looked at Nancy wondering what was she talking about.

Raya seemed to be showing Nancy inside their dining area and Damon walked beside Fyodor. "This war has brought you quite a business," Damon stated making Fyodor smile too, "And, I have been giving that business to you, Damon."

Damon smiled, "We have never offered you a lesser deal. You are still a winner," Fyodor had reached the entrance of the dining area when he answered,

"Not always," This got Damon by surprise but Fyodor had already gotten in. He wonders why Fyodor said that he hasn't always gotten the best deal.

Damon walked ahead and pulled the chair for Nancy but Nancy seemed to be still conversing with Raya. The two ladies seemed to be looking at a portrait at the other end.

"I heard Leslie named you," Nancy was pushed to the edge by Raya's question. And, realized she didn't want to talk about her aunt to her very murderers. "This is the last time you are mentioning my aunt and expecting me to remain civil about it."

"Darling," Damon called for her and Nancy walked to Damon all the while praising their interior. "Isn't it beautiful? You were right about this island?"

"Damon had been here when he was younger," Fyodor mentioned.

A woman got the head chair out for Fyodor and he thanked her before taking his seat. The woman got the seat out for Raya too and she too took her seat.