Chapter 51

"What have we done?" Nancy whispered to herself. She held her head and took her time to line up the things in her head she should be worried about now. And, for the first, it was the fact that they had started the war. And, the bloodshed was inevitable. And, now thinking about all of it she wonders if she was worth all of it.

Nothing was going to remain the same. There was going to be a huge hollow in the shift of power and there was no way she was prepared to hold it together or fill it. Todorov was going to be mad forever. Fyodor though yield a great influence and power through his connections with Russian government he was an outsider. But Raya? She was from a family. She was blood related to Todorov family. Even though Raya was a distant cousin to Ruslan Todorov, the head of the Todorov family, they weren't going to let it slide. The Todorov family too were enjoying a strong influence in the Russian region through Fyodor's hold. Todorov's family had never ended uncles, cousins and relatives. Nancy believed it was all her mistake. She shouldn't have stroked Damon's ego a lot last night. She could lose the sense of the thread of reality and sway in emotions. But Damon? He was supposed to keep his brain intact. Why did he do this? Nancy was still lost in her thoughts when she heard Robert say.

"I don't remember if we had killed someone from someone's family. It is the first time for us." Robert walked in and it was the first thing that he talked about.

Nancy couldn't help but ask. "Are you too worried about Raya's death?" Nancy asked and Robert nodded, "Yeah, but I can see from where Damon is coming with this one. If we were to sign a peace treaty with the Todorov family in the future Raya would have posed a barrier to it. Because it was her husband we had killed. She should follow her husband."

Nancy believed it made sense. Also, Fyodor and Raya cared about no one while executing their plans. Nancy looked at Robert who seemed to be more happy than worried. "What are you thinking about?" Nancy asked,

"Seven hundred and twenty-eight hills with natural gases," Robert replied with a grin. Nancy shook her head but did find it humorous when she told Robert. "They aren't going to hand it over to you on a plate. I am sure the Russian government will pose a huge threat to Andersons now. Whatever we have done right now is not really worth it if you think about it."

"Yes, it is," Damon walked in with a bottle of wine in his hand. His hand gestured Robert to leave. The maids followed Robert too.

"Why? I didn't use the gun because I did feel the weight on my shoulders. I was angry and emotional. I get it. And, I would have come around a few days later. Last night, I said all of it to vent off. I had to vent off to someone." Nancy didn't know where to find the words to explain this to him.

"I wanted you to shoot him. And, I had planned all of it if you choose to shoot him." Damon replied with calm.

"But I didn't. I too realized it was too much for the revenge. So, why did you?..." Damon cut her off with. "He looked at you,"

Damon got busy with opening the wine bottle while Nancy asked, "He looked at me? When?"

"I looked at him look at you. The look." Damon told her.

"You killed him because he looked at me," Nancy asked,

"Yes, and I realized you were going to sign instead of shooting him. I wasn't going to shoot him either. But then he had to look at you. Perhaps, you reminded him of his previous wife, Leslie. I could see in his eyes. He was fucking you with his eyes. So, I had to shoot him."

Nancy stared at Damon. She was having a hard time believing it. But when Damon asked her, "Why didn't you tell me he offered you a marriage right after killing your father?" Nancy widened her eyes. "How do you know this?"