CH-8(Transformation)

She snapped out of her thoughts and slowly moved toward the bed. Carefully, she lifted Vikram's hand and picked Aarvi up.

 As she turned to leave and walked toward the door, Dadi-sa softly said, "Since the day she was born, this is the first time she's been with her father. Let her stay."

Meher paused for a moment before turning back toward Dadi-sa. 

"He was drunk last night. When he wakes up, I don't want her to be here... he might hurt her," she replied, her voice firm but laced with a quiet pain.

Dadi-sa's eyes softened as she stepped closer. 

"I understand your fear, Meher, but maybe this is a sign—maybe he's starting to change."

Meher clenched her jaw, fighting the wave of emotions threatening to spill over.

 "A drunk man's actions don't mean anything, Dadi-sa. He won't even remember this in the morning."

Dadi-sa sighed, shaking her head gently.

 "People find their way to love in different ways. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it takes a mistake—but it's there, waiting to be found."

Meher looked down at Aarvi, still fast asleep in her arms, and for a moment, she considered Dadi-sa's words.

"I can't risk it," Meher said softly but resolutely. "Aarvi comes first. Always."

By saying this, Meher walked out of the room, leaving Dadi-sa behind. Dadi-sa slowly moved toward the bed and sat down beside Vikram, gently caressing his head.

"I know you're hurting," she whispered softly, her eyes filled with sadness, "but please, change yourself, at least for Shanaya's sake."

Vikram stirred slightly in his sleep but didn't wake up. Dadi-sa's heart ached as she watched him, broken by his grief, yet unable to move forward. She sighed deeply, brushing his hair back like she used to when he was a child.

"You have a daughter who needs you now," she continued, her voice trembling. "Don't lose her too."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she sat there, hoping against hope that Vikram would find the strength to mend his broken soul.

Some time later, as the peaceful Sunday morning unfolded, the house remained eerily quiet. The weight of the previous night still lingered in the air.

Vikram stirred in his sleep, his body tense as memories of the night slowly surfaced. He groaned, his head pounding from the alcohol, but something felt different. His arms felt empty. He blinked groggily, and the image of Aarvi—nestled in his arms—flashed in his mind.

*Was it real?* He sat up abruptly, the blankets slipping off him as he looked around, disoriented. His heart raced, the warmth of her tiny body still vivid against his chest, but now she was gone.

Just then, Dadi-sa, who had been silently watching, spoke in a gentle voice, breaking the silence,