CH-4(Unspoken Bonds)

*FLASHBACK*

Vikram was engrossed in his work when someone barged into his office.

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU—" his sharp voice softened immediately as he saw who it was. It was his wife, his life, his everything. He stood up at once, his stern expression melting into affection.

"Haww, now I need permission to come in?" Shanaya's voice was playfully dramatic.

"No, my love, if I knew it was you, I'd never raise my voice," Vikram said as he walked toward her.

"Better not! Or I'll ruin that handsome face of yours," she huffed, folding her arms in mock annoyance.

He chuckled, pulling her into his arms. "You could never ruin anything. You make everything better," he murmured softly, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Shanaya relaxed in his embrace, a smile spreading across her face.

 "Come, sit. I brought lunch for you. I know my Mr. Perfect must be so busy that he'll forget to eat, so here I am with his favorite food," she said, her tone teasing but affectionate.

"My favorite food is you," Vikram replied with a mischievous grin, back hugging her and whispering in her ear.

"Aiyo, it's your office!" Shanaya blushed deeply, trying to maintain her composure.

"But my home is wherever you are,and right now you are in my arms," he said, snuggling his face into the crook of her neck, his warm breath sending shivers down her spine.

Shanaya laughed softly, gently pushing him away. "Alright, Mr. Romantic, let's eat before food gets cold."

Vikram reluctantly let go, still holding her hand as they sat down to enjoy the meal she had brought.

"You spoil me, you know that?" he said, taking a bite of the food.

"Well, someone has to take care of you," she replied, her eyes sparkling with love.

*FLASHBACK END*

A hot tear rolled down his cheek as memories of Shanaya overwhelmed him. "I don't have a home anymore," he whispered, his voice thick with sorrow. "That house isn't where I belong. I belong with you, Shanaya. To be with you."

He stared blankly at the couch where she used to sit, patiently waiting for him to finish his work. The emptiness seemed to grow with every passing second. The silence was deafening, filled only with the echoes of the life they had shared, the love that had been torn away too soon. He clenched his fists, the weight of her absence pressing harder on his chest.

"You were my home. My everything," he choked out, struggling to breathe as the grief consumed him. "Without you, nothing feels right. The house, the world... it's all empty."